Associate Director - Compliance - Rancho Cordova , CA
- Fair Oaks, CA
They say the only thing that stays the same is change. Nowhere is that more true than in health care, where transformation is happening with lightning speed. And UnitedHealth Group is leading from the front, shaping the future of health care every single day. As Associate Director of Compliance, you will manage a team responsible for monitoring changes with internal laws and regulations to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines. As you help us make the health care system work better for everyone, you'll find yourself doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Establish, mandate and implement standard policies, procedures and best practices across the company to promote compliance with applicable laws and contractual obligations
- Oversee a team that conducts state-specific legal research and monitors changes to requirements to mitigate risks and achieve compliance
- Develop compliance communications and drive problem resolution
- Collaborate with other compliance professionals cross-functionally to ensure regulatory and contractual requirements are met
- Investigate identified compliance matters, including corrective action and mitigation
This role requires a unique ability to develop relationships, analyze information and influence multiple stakeholders to increase engagement and get the needed results. You will be working in a matrixed environment with multiple groups while ensuring that resources are used effectively. You will also provide leadership and be accountable for the performance of a team that conducts state-specific legal research and monitors changes to requirements to mitigate risks and achieve compliance.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Flexibility to telecommute during COVID, will return to in office position in Sacramento office at appropriate time following pandemic
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a government, legal, healthcare, managed care and / or health insurance environment in a regulatory, privacy or compliance role
- 5+ years of experience leading and implementing a comprehensive compliance program
- 3+ years of experience with state, HIPPA and other federal privacy laws
- 3+ years of experience working with Federal or State Programs
- California managed care experience - DHCS Medi-Cal and / or DMHC - licensing regulator experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
UnitedHealth Group is a global organization that's making a difference in the lives of more than 85 million people. We are influencing how health care continues to improve - what could be more meaningful than that? Join us and do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Compliance, Government, Legal, Healthcare, Managed Care, Health Insurance, HIPPA, HIPAA, Federal, State, DHCS, Medi-Cal, DMHC, Sacramento, CA, California
Back to top