Associate Customer Service Representative - Wausau, WI
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
- Answer incoming phone calls from health care providers (i.e. Physician offices, clinics) and identify the type of assistance the provider needs (EG. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment, explanation of benefits)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call, navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience working in an administrative, clerical, or customer service role
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort, filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Healthcare experience
- Prior flexible spending experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual . We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Insurance, Customer Service, Wisconsin, Wausau
Meet Some of UnitedHealth Group's Employees
Jessica D.Compassion Manager
Jessica studies how compassion fits into health care and trains employees on ways to treat UnitedHealth Group members with empathy and understanding.
Back to top