Assistant Center Manager - Selinsgrove, PA
- Williamsport, PA
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Having energized and friendly assistant center managers is essential for creating success in our centers. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the center manager with all aspects of center operations in order to provide quality medical care and services to patients. As a leader, you'll provide clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
- Assists center manager in supervising day-to-day operations of center
- Assists center manager in driving excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations of the center through managing workflows, budgets, scheduling, and other items as needed
- Oversees patient flow and assists medical and office staff as needed
- Acts as the catalyst to ensure staff are passionate about delivering genuine, caring, and friendly healthcare
- Maintains the culture of excellence by recruiting, developing, and retaining talent in partnership with human resources and regional leadership
- Monitors and optimizes systems that meet staff communication needs while supporting consistency throughout the MedExpress platform
- Optimizes partnerships with area and regional leader to achieve overall corporate goals and objectives
- Ensures 100% compliance with the MedExpress Compliance Program and compliance with federal or state licensing requirements for both the Center and staff
Assistant Center Managers work standard business hours (Monday through Friday: 8 am-5 pm) and also need to be available to support staff beyond those standard working hours.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a lead/supervisory role OR 2+ years of healthcare experience
- Demonstrated success using the principles and processes of customer service including identifying customer needs, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluating & improving customer service results
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
- Management experience in a customer-facing retail or healthcare facility
- Understanding of HIPAA, OSHA and other state/federal healthcare requirements and regulations
- Clinical licensure
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Assistant center manager, asst. manager, assistant center leader, healthcare, MedExpress, Selinsgrove, PA, Pennsylvania
Back to top