Area Manager - Winchester, VA
- Winchester, VA
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Area Manager will oversee the overall operational responsibility for the Centers to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient and quality delivery of services.
- Drives excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations in the region through data analysis and strategic planning
- Creates a culture where staff are engaged, challenged, and efficient in carrying out job responsibilities
- Builds a high performing team with high morale and addresses performance issues quickly and decisively
- Partners with clinical leadership to ensure compliance with all clinical policies and training programs
- Identifies methods to increase business opportunities and scope of services provided by the Centers while maintaining budgetary performance
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities
- College degree
- Working knowledge of payroll and scheduling
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced working environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Knowledge of and responsibility for upholding State and Federal regulations regarding dispensing, storage, security, reporting, and disposal of controlled medications
- Ability to assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical training and staff development programs in conjunction with the training and development department, as well as the clinical operations team
- Assists clinical leadership in planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring quality control and quality assessment
- In conjunction with the clinical operations team, acts a resource to staff regarding all clinical operations issues to include MedDispense, lab, and x-ray
- Five to six years management experience, with a healthcare background
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Area manager, operations, healthcare, management, MedExpress, Winchester, VA, Virginia
Back to top