AR Clerk (Medical Billing) - NV (Telecommute Considered)
- Las Vegas, NV
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Please Note - The office is based in Las Vegas, NV - but, we will consider telecommuting if you have strong experience. However, you must be available to work the following hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time.
- Prepare and edit medical claims for submission, both hardcopy and electronically, to various 3 rd party payors and clearinghouses
- Batch and deposit preparation of daily payments received
- Post payments and contractual adjustment to the patient accounts in the practice management system
- Review and process the daily correspondence to correct or update inquiries from insurance carriers
- Follow-up and collect outstanding aged trial balance reports, including but not limited to oral and written communications
- Assist in other job functions within the assigned team
- Resolve most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2 years of billing experience in a medical clinic
- Experience with and understanding of CPT, ICD-9 & ICD-10 coding
- Basic computer skills (i.e., MS office proficiency)
- High school education or equivalent experience
- Medicare and/or Medicaid billing experience
- Type at least 45 wpm and 10 key proficient preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accounts Receivable, A/R, Medical Billing, Billing clerk, medical claims, Medicaid, Medicare, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada
Back to top