Actuarial Analyst, ALDP - Minnetonka, MN or Any UHG Office
- Minnetonka, MN
What makes your Actuarial career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Advancement, access to data, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged to do your best.
The Actuarial Analyst, ALDP (Actuarial Leadership Development Program) will be a member of the team supporting the Individual Exchange Market product line. This Actuarial Analyst will work with other Actuaries on the team to help develop product strategy and pricing for the on-exchange individual products. In this role, you will also support analytical efforts regarding the rate setting process including competitive analysis, network analysis, risk adjustment, trend, actuarial benefit value analysis, etc. As a member of the ALDP, you'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
- Developing actuarial models
- Preparing experience analyses
- Supporting regulatory filings preparations
- Analyze rate changes
- Collaborate and communicate results and technical concepts
- Maintain and update actuarial models and proactively identify solutions
- Develop presentation materials and communicate results of actuarial analyses to various stakeholders
- Perform data mining and analysis that produce pricing assumptions
- Support ad hoc studies used to develop pricing strategies
- Assisting in the development of financial forecasts and projections
The preferred location for this position is Minnetonka, MN or Hartford, CT or Horsham, PA or any UHG office.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics or related field
- 1+ years of actuarial experience
- Progress toward a Society of Actuaries actuarial designation and successful completion of at least 2 Actuarial exams
- Advanced or higher level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working in finance or health care industries
- Proficiency with SAS and/or SQL
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuarial Analyst, ALDP, Actuarial, Actuary, Exams, Models, Pricing, Rate, SAS, SQL, Excel, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania
Back to top