Account Receivable Clerk - Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under minimal supervision responsible for the daily medical billing, accounts receivable and charge entry for Pacific Anesthesia Consultants, and any additional business entities that are acquired.
- Review and Verify using AUA site, Chart Notes, etc in the correct posting of all Anesthesia charges in the NextGen Practice Management system for PAC, and potential additional practices
- Ensure 99% accuracy in anesthesia charge entry
- Apply and verify all applicable co-payments on patient encounter. Bill if not collected.
- Task providers for missing charges, based on kept appointment report and follow up as needed
- Task providers in any charge discrepancy regarding billing compliance or medical necessity.
- Complete all tasks from providers and medical staff regarding any billing items
- Responsible for sending appropriate paperwork and invoices to Medicare for appropriate payment
- Resolve most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- CPT and ICD-9/10 coding experience
- Must be able to type at least 45 wpm and be 10 key proficient
- Proficient computer skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- A minimum of 3 years billing experience in a high volume medical environment
- Must be able to work in Vegas office
Experience in a multi-specialty setting
- Medicare and/or Medicaid billing experience
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Account Receivable Clerk, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada
Back to top