World Class Manufacturing Leader
Background & Purpose of the Job
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people's lives in so many ways. For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth's resources can be strained. This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact.
The Hammond factory is a 24/7 high-paced dynamic work environment. We achieve goals through collaborative cross-functional teams. The site's rich history dates to 1930 and fosters a deep passion for delighting consumers through the Dove Brand. We are committed to developing leaders equipped to handle challenges across the company. We are proud to be the largest bar soap manufacturer in North America and flagship Dove bar soap factory in Unilever.
The purpose of this position is to champion the continuous improvement program for the site.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
As the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Lead, you will be play a key role in delivering the factory results through the continuous improvement methodology. You will help set the road map for the long-term success of the site. You will achieve this by mastering the methodology through study and practical application, coaching the factory team as they progress through the program and leading improvement activity.
You will leverage your leadership and technical knowledge to lead the Focused Improvement Pillar within WCM. You will guide the team on loss prioritization and elimination. You will also set the road map to move away from reactive approach to losses towards a proactive approach. As the WCM lead you will facilitate the WCM Steering Committee and critical to developing the team to handle more complex problems as we progress on our improvement journey. You will also bring lead a cross functional team to deliver our vision to digitize our factory and supply chain.
You will lead the WCM promotion office with 3 direct reports and direct the work of the WCM analyst. Your line manager will be the Quality/World Class Manufacturing Manager for the site who reports to the Factory Director. As a member of site leadership you will be integral to maintaining the site's safety culture.
- You're a born leader: You will guide the factory to new levels of performance through everyday actions.
- You're a strategy guru: You will be a key leader to moving the factory towards World Class performance.
- You're a dot connector: With activities across 10 technical pillars you will have to drive the connection between business targets, long term goals, and employee engagement.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Hammond is the flagship Dove bar soap factory and we want to be the benchmark for the globe. You will find creative ways to leverage factory talent to be the best.
- You're a teacher: You will be key to making sure our employees have the right knowledge for the job and teach people how to use WCM methodology to solve sporadic and chronic problems.
- You're a paradox navigator: You will partner with other departments to find the best ways to achieve all the plants goals. You will help bring the right people together to find creative solutions that drive improvement in quality, safety, and efficiency.
- You're a culture & change champion: As we progress towards World Class performance our people need to take more decisions and lead improvement activity. You will be key in setting the road map across the pillars to achieve this goal and drive the culture change through everyday actions.
What You'll Need To Succeed
BA/BS degree in Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent practical experience
3 years of related work experience
Attention to detail, bias for action, accountability, written and verbal communication skills, data collection and analysis, problem solving, decision-making, teamwork, and judgement
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top