Manufacturing Excellence/WCM Supervisor
The Site Manufacturing Excellence Supervisor reports to the plant director and is a member of the plant leadership team. S/he will coordinate all WCM activities for loss eradication within manufacturing inbound and out bound supply chain context. S/he is also responsible to develop a WCM (World Class Manufacturing) Master-plan from the site manufacturing strategy, providing WCM skill development and coaching for all operators, engineers, supervisors and managers in the sourcing unit as well as working with the Factory Director to ensure appropriate progress is being made against KPIs and Site and Pillar Route Maps.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the implementation, management, and successful operation of the Continuous Improvement Methodology process in the factory.
- Ensure site WCM master plan and actions are aligned with the category manufacturing strategy.
- Coordinates the development of the WCM preparation phase plan, tracks progress against the plan and leads issue resolution (gap analysis and adjustments to plan).
- Implements appropriate reviews (monthly, quarterly) to evaluate both pillars and departments progress in their WCM plans.
- Runs the continuously improvement office. Facilitates the development of individual pillars, sets benchmarks and tracks completion of pillar goals, including participation in pillar meetings, team meetings and activities.
- Works with PD (People Development) Pillar leader to build capabilities in the Pillar leaders and manages their development.
- Serves as a resource and coach for questions and practices regarding the WCM process
- Coordinates activities with internal regionally deployed ManEx Managers and Director. Provides updated information on a monthly basis to regional ManEx team regarding progress of WCM. Also will work directly the continuously improvement strategy group and other external consultants.
- Serves as a WCM champion in the facility to promote WCM amongst management and employees
- Participates in Regional virtual site or Global virtual site clusters, seeks out best practices, and ensures lessons learned and key agreed upon items are horizontally expanded into the factory.
- Coordinates with Unilever Engineering Services and site Technology Innovation Manager to ensure appropriate EEM and WCM methodology is being incorporated into all projects and new equipment/products and ensures this is part of the Site Acceptance Test.
- Provides MP records and WCM site standards to UEnS (Unilever Engineering Project Manager) and site TIM (Technology Innovation Manager) Manager for all projects for the site.
Education and Experience:
- 4 year university degree required / preferred – Engineering focus
- 5 years experience in general business & manufacturing expertise
- World Class Manufacturing experience highly preferred
- TPM/Six Sigma/LEAN experience required
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans; Life Insurance; Optional Life Insurance including Spousal Life and Child Life; Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Consumer Directed Health Care Spending Account; Defined Contribution Pension Plan; Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan; Tuition Reimbursement; Fitness Subsidy; Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top