This position is responsible forsafely and accurately handling and recording materials from reception ofthrough issuance. The position is also responsible for safely loading thecorrect product and correct amount of product onto the designated truck andfilling out all sections of the load sheet correctly. Individuals in thisposition also make sure all products are in perfect condition before receivingor shipping.
- Accurately set up materials for production line changeovers, and issuesupplies to production orders.
- Respond when machine calls for materials. Have materials set up intime for changeovers to different products.
- Return unused materials at the end of the run and ensure materials willremain free of contamination in correct storage location.
- Be able to handle general warehouse functions including unloadingtrucks, stocking floor, accurately counting and recordinginventory, keeping area clean and safe.
- Be involved with WMC through departmental activities to continuouslyimprove overall plant performance.
- Ability to perform SAP (Batch Management) transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent GED
- Forkliftexperience- certification preferred
- Manufacturing/Warehouseexperience preferred but NOT required
- Ableto lift up to 50lbs
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Learnall principal accountabilities and functions of principle job within 90 days.
- Usemath skills to calculate quantities accurately.
- Operatingequipment in the Freezer (forklifts, wrappers, auto-palletizers, etc…)
- Becomeforklift and pallet jack qualified within 30 days.
- Stoop,bend and lift 57 lbs regularly.
- Abilityto move and manoeuvre materials while safely utilizing the proper equipment.
- Abilityto work safely in varying temperatures.
- Experience/familiaritywith layer ties and cases per pallet.
- Previousexperience with industrial powered equipment.
- Abilityto acquire and sustain proper certification and testing to be qualified todrive shuttle vehicle for outside warehouse.
- Experienceor formal training in inventory control or warehouse management, loadingtrucks, temperature pulping, filling outpaperwork, and SAP experience.
Work is performed on the manufacturingfloor or in the freezer/warehouse area. Potential hazards includeproximity of moving machinery, cold temperatures, chemical exposure, noise, orheavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop,move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPEincludes safety glasses, hearing protection and safety-approved footwear.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked tocomplete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to beconsidered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both theapplication and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, itwill adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware thatyou will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will beunable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity andinclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every dayfor our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. Webelieve a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and driveinclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerMinorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discriminationunder Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screeningresults and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top