Warehouse Team Member
Job Title: Warehouse Team Member (Days)
Salary: £26,040 per annum with progressional development opportunity to £28,407
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Bupa Healthcare and pension
Location: Port Sunlight, Merseyside
“I’m passionate about making production more sustainable and at Unilever I’m given the freedom and confidence to take the important small steps that will make the giant leaps possible.” Amanda, Making Plant Leader.
Unilever is the global company behind powerhouse brands such as Flora, Dove, Persil and PG Tips. We have the huge ambition of halving our environmental footprint and doubling our size through our Sustainable Living Plan. And big ideas like the innovations taking place in our Supply Chain are driving our business. But to achieve this, we need more outstanding people like Amanda. With over 35 brands in the UK covering foods, home, personal care and refreshments the scale and scope of activity in Supply Chain is huge. All offer rewarding opportunities to work with great products – taking on real challenges, making a lasting impact, and creating better futures.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting a Warehouse Team Member. The Warehouse Team Member is experienced in general warehouse duties, administration, warehouse management systems and customer service.
The Warehouse/Stores Team Member is responsible for completion of key tasks in the Engineering Stores with emphasis on customer service and stock integrity. The Warehouse Team Member will also ensure that targets are met for safety, stock integrity, 5S, auditing and customer service. There is also a requirement for running weekly SAP and Ariba Buyer standard reports to ensure adherence to the procurement process.
The Warehouse Team Member will also be responsible for goods in/out and internal/external customer counter service.
- Health and safety: Adhering to company health and safety policy to ensure the safety and well being of yourself and others
- IT systems: Microsoft Office experience including creating formulas, and warehouse management system knowledge.
- Administration: Business administration skills to facilitate the complete flow of information of all the stores activities with both external and internal customers.
- Reviewing and reporting stock consumption and non-movers, managing stock levels and agreed target.
- Audits and archiving – ensure a robust system is in place and maintained for storage and archiving of relevant paperwork
- Monitor weekly KPI’s to monitor spend, stock values and stock levels
- Obsoletes management to reduce total stock value
- Business Needs: An awareness of the stores impact on the rest of the business and compliance through the understanding of procedures and work instructions applicable to the role, such as ISO 9002, 14001, SOL, Safe Practices. Generate and deliver actions to meet with ISO standards, recognize non-conformance.
- Adaptability: The Stores Team Member will need to update skills and knowledge to meet the demands of a changing business environment
- FLT: Able to drive a fork-lift truck safely.
- Continuous Improvement – An awareness of how to use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area. Collection of data on warehouse losses, analyse causes, implement solution, and monitor results. Provides description of problems through the monitoring of process or line issues. 5S, kaizen and lean implementation.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in Warehouse Management Systems
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent level of computer literacy and numeracy skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Sound I.T.eg Excel, Word skills with good working knowledge of creating formulas
- Good understanding of the needs of customers both internal and external.
- Experience of communicating with all suppliers
- Stock management experience
- Experience using a FLT
- The use of SAP and ARIBA systems.
- Problem solving techniques, WHY-WHY analysis and other WCM tools.
- FMCG experience
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP BEHAVIOURS
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent & Teams
HOW TO APPLY
Hear more stories from our Unilever Makers and understand how you can start your own Unilever career at: http://www.unilever.co.uk/careers-jobs/professionals/ .
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is:18th January 2017
Candidates who have applied online can track their application through the candidate tracking link or, if you have any additional queries, you may contact the Recruitment hotline number on 0800 0284390.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top