Unilever Winter Internship - Customer Development, Data Science
2017 Winter Internship – Customer Development, Data Science
Working closely with Customer Teams, Strategy Development, Smart Data and other cross functional team members, this exciting role will provide you with hands on opportunity to support our Customer Development function on various initiatives.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- Collaborate with functional teams to drive business by leveraging Data Science and Analytics.
- Support CD data management processes - acquiring, transforming and storing massive volume of structured and unstructured data.
- Identify data automation opportunities for improvement and recommend alternative plans.
- Collaborate with Smart Data, Category Management and Business Development teams to deploy models and algorithms in production across different customers.
- Aid in developing customer/team specific predictive models using statistical packages like R, SPSS.
- Support Smart Data team in development, testing and delivery of cloud based solutions to CD and cross-functional teams
- Manage product and customer mapping activity of Unilever Business Analytics Toolkit (Einstein).
- Conduct processing and validation of customer Point Of Sale data and develop action plans to address improvement and automation opportunities.
- Manage special projects.
The successful candidate will be working towards completion of a combined Business/Math degree. He/she must have the ability to develop statistical models, strong analytical skills and competency in mathematics. The candidate also must have knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications, relational databases and SQL. Knowledge of BI visualization tools such as Tableau is an asset but not required. We seek outgoing, dynamic and energetic individuals that thrive in a team environment. Prior Customer Development experience is not required. Additionally, successful candidates will possess exceptional interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills, along with practical creativity and the ability to take initiative.
This position is located at either our Corporate Head Office, 160 Bloor Street East, Toronto, which is easily accessible via the TTC or Unilever’s Mississauga Sales Office near 401 & Winston Churchill (a valid driver’s license in good standing is required Only individuals interested in working in both locations should apply. Only those students selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Please visit us at our web-site: www.unilever.ca orwww.unileverna.com
Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Back to top