Location: New Jersey- Englewood Cliffs, United States
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? If yes, we are looking for top talent that are passionate foodies that also believe in the power of the plants for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
In 2015 the Spreads division created a new standalone company, the Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) organization that changed from operating as a Global Brand Led Organization. It was an enabler to break down silos, to be more marketing facing and consumer connected. It unleashed a new leaner and more agile organization with an experienced cross-functional leadership team with full accountability for the brands P&L.
So What Next?
On Friday 15 th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business' growth ambition, while continuing to follow Unilever's responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019."
The Logistics Specialist North America is responsible for the following key areas in logistics:
- Pallet pools: owns the operational relationship with CHEP, including reporting and monthly cost control
- With the help of external expert companies, operate the import/export of the North American business, for machinery, raw&pack materials as well as finished goods
- Support the whole logistics team as well as the SC Director on change projects.
• Ensuring regular reporting on pallet flows in & out.
• Daily coordination with factories, warehouses, suppliers, carriers for pallet report accuracy
• Performance monitoring of CHEP pallets in terms of quality
• Ensures appropriate quantity of pallets are available for the supply chain operation
• Solve and monitor any pallet service/quality issues and inform relevant Unilever teams if necessary
• Supporting Customer Service with any customer pallet related issues
• Acts as an internal agent of export/import activities towards all FFG functions
• With the help of external experts, lead the export/import licencing process for new materials
• Ensure FFG is conforming all necessary documentation requirement for import/export
• Owns and manages a number of logistics or supply chain improvement project, working with a wide variety of functions within the company
• Owns the logistics project funnel for the company: generating ideas for new projects, ensuring alignment between the different projects.
• Helps the Supply Chain director to track the progress of the different logistics projects, including their cost and value generation
Qualifications and Preferences:
University degree >
• Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG, or other relevant industry Retailer or 3PL environment
• Science, Engineering or Economics degree, ideally with a Logistics or Supply Chain element
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top