Our Training Coordinator position will allow you to develop, manage, and measure both WCM and technical training. Track/report training results, including cost and benefit of the training. Identify opportunities to improve training with respect to effectiveness and efficiency.
Overview of Training Coordinator Responsibilities
Has the ability to do shift work (A, B, C or D shifts)
1. Training Management – Responsible compliance training is scheduled and tracked appropriately to adhere to all regulations on site. Analysis of training effectiveness through metrics such as benefit to cost ratio. Partner with local schools to develop/deliver technical curriculums & training. Review/update SOPs ensuring proper training is conducted.
2. Safety – Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products, training and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
3. Leadership – As a prominent Technical Leader promote the development of highly effective teams linking the importance of technical competence with wider leadership qualities and skills; communication, integrity, commitment etc.
4. Continuous Improvement – Provide oversight for employee skills and through gap analysis and wider coaching techniques ensure employees’ technical skills meet factory priorities and support the eradication of losses.
5. Solving – Able to develop employee skills in identifying, prioritizing and addressing problems using the full range of tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
6. Business Awareness – Understands the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business; is able to link this knowledge to employee training.
Employee Certification and Training
- Update and maintain site skills matrix
- Develop skill certification forms for each area; ensure they are consistent between departments
- Develop objective criteria for advancing within each department – what is entry level, what is certified, what is advanced, etc.
- Ensure certification process is understood by all – management and employees
- Lead classes during new hire orientation on how to log-on to computers, set up profile, check and access email, access Workday, and ADP Payroll – for Salary Personnel only
- Develop New Manager onboarding schedule and rotation
- Maintain list of skills trainers; develop process for assessing ability of trainers
- Do trainers use a mixture of training methods, including hands-on, book learning, SOP and OPL sharing, etc.?
- Monitor progress of new hires throughout the onboarding process
- Do they know how to find SOPs?
- Do they use and understand RTT settings?
- Can they run station independently?
- Are they progressing within established time guidelines?
- Track training hours by type of class, hours of training, etc. and report monthly in AMIS
- Maintain individual training records and tests and file in personnel folders
- Review changes to SOPs/SMPs
- HR 4 Factories
- Responsible for creating and scheduling any training aligned with HR4F step the factory is in
- Training needed to get factory to Step 15 in HR4F
- Develop Training needed to deliver Technical Operators
- Develop training needed to deliver Front Line Managers
- PD Pillar Co-Lead
- Help update/maintain PD Pillar slide presentations
- Review PD pillar steps and required skills trainings at PD Pillar meetings
- Track suggestions – number submitted, number completed, etc.
- Track LUTIs
- Track HERCA – What they were, what we did to retrain, if closed, etc.
- Ensure pillar leads have access to WCM training materials and understand the content so they can share this knowledge with their respective pillar teams
- WCM Skills assessment and training
- Maintain the radar chart tracker for everyone’s WCM skills assessments
- Identify needed WCM skills, create and administer WCM skill trainings (e.g., 5G, 5W1H, 5Why, HERCA, etc.)
- Create assessments and LUTI homework to assess knowledge level
- Obtain WCM Training decks from global SharePoint; comb through and adapt for use in the United States (correct spelling and grammar, ideally use pictures ad situations relevant to US Buildings when possible)
- Help lead and deliver WCM Skill/Knowledge training: Train-the-trainers and pillar leads
- Develop FI/Kaizen training and train project leaders prior to Kaizen launch
Our ideal candidates should have:
At least a Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with all functions and work levels
- Six Sigma/Blackbelt – preferred
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top