Toxicologist - Seventh Generation
Background & Purpose of the Job
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment. We believe our products are healthier solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within your home-and for the community and environment outside of it.
The mission of Seventh Generation is to inspire a consumer revolution that nurtures the health of the next Seventh Generations. By establishing a talent powerhouse that brings our principles, practices and partnerships to life we will build the most trusted brand in the industry.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
In this newly created role, the Toxicologist will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of stakeholders to research, test, and analyze the safety of products in the home care, personal care, and baby care to protect the integrity and authenticity of the brand. The toxicologist will also help lead global initiatives.
- You're a safety guru: Conduct robust safety assessments that meet global regulations on upstream technologies, raw materials, ingredients and finished formulations for home and personal care products and author and review safety study protocols to be conducted by outside laboratories, and monitor those safety studies to completion.
- You're a dot connector: Collaborate with Product Development project teams to provide guidance on safety strategy for supporting new products and technologies and interact with various groups within Research and Development, Regulatory and Compliance, to ensure sufficient supporting data is developed to provide safety assurance.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: [ENTER DESCRIPTION HERE]
- You understand global markets: Understand global chemical regulatory requirements (i.e., EU REACH, USEPA TSCA, Canadian DSL, and recent China and Korea programs) for purposes of product testing and registration.
- You're a teacher: Act as a subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders.
- You're a changemaker: Evaluate and review testing procedures to ensure compliance with the appropriate protocols, guidelines, and sound scientific practices
- You're a paradox navigator: Based on technical support, identify and communicate risk related to study design, results, or other pertinent technical issues related to product safety.
- You're a regulatory champion: Work closely with Regulatory Affairs to ensure comprehensive safety review as well as create, document, and implement processes and procedures related to product safety assessments, support, review, and approval.
What You'll Need To Succeed
3 years of experience in consumer packaged goods. Bachelor's Degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, life sciences or medical sciences. A postgraduate qualification in toxicology or forensic science is beneficial. Knowledge in diagnostic or clinical toxicology and ability to liaise with experts in other toxicology specialties. Demonstrated expertise in designing, analyzing, and interpreting studies spanning various scientific disciplines to ensure product safety. Demonstrated experience in assessing risk based on technical data Foundational knowledge of household cleaners, antimicrobial pesticides, OTC products, feminine hygiene products, cosmetics, and food contact products.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top