THE HUB: Consumer Experience & Retail Marketing
At THE HUB, you'll create the future!
You will define new ways of working for digital initiatives and shape the future of Digital Marketing for Unilever Personal Care. At THE HUB, the Unilever newly created Digital Disruption Center, you will be a be a key force driving the engagement between the always-on consumer with our always-on brands.
You are a passionate digitally-minded Retail Innovator that has the ability to think strategically and creatively. You are obsessed about providing world-class brand experiences. Whether is developing a new innovation, designing a new service, or developing a new retail concept, you are the expert on the always-on consumer/shopper journey and drive efforts to inspire and engage them in every micro-moment of the path to purchase.
You are a subject matter expert, knowing the right questions to ask at the right time, and providing direct leadership to brand teams so that they can reach consumers in compelling, creative ways while maximizing the return.
You'll love to be part of a small squad that incubates digital 1st innovation strategies and works with brands to future proof PC products, services, and experiences. You'll join a top-performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day.
If you have what it takes and are passionate about shaping the Future of Retail, we'd love to hear from you!
The Consumer Experience & Retail Marketing role includes but is not limited to:
• Rethink the consumer/shopper journey identifying the "new micro-moments" of truth to re-design the Brand experience within those moments.
• Concept and shape the narrative of the shopper experience to offer seamless, integrated and elevated experiences in E-Comm and Brick& Mortar.
• Develop a best in class shopper experience roadmap ensuring brands are future proofing its go to market strategy
• Leverage data and digital capabilities to identify relevant services and enhance the experience for the Brand/category shopper.
• Experiment, develop and scale strategic and unconventional partnerships that increase brand KPIs, eg. awareness, trial, sales etc.
• Identify and drive Channel Exclusive initiatives and NRM eg. Assortment, Architecture, pack etc.
• Analyze opportunities, strategies and business plans to grow Brands revenue in existing or new retail channels.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to develop Channel Inclusive marketing strategies and programs to drive volume, share and profit for innovation, in-store activation, shopper marketing initiatives etc.
• Provide Future thinking and retail strategic direction
• Assess and determine existing and emerging technologies that can enhance and positively impact the growth of UL in retail.
• Drive continuous improvement and incorporation of technologies (established or cutting edge) that solve problems or anticipate needs for shoppers to drive Brand loyalty and engagement.
• Manage the development of breakthrough initiatives that support integrated marketing born from the web. Offer unique solutions that leverage proprietary technology to improve retail experiences
• Manage the development of breakthrough initiatives that support integrated marketing born from the web. Offer unique solutions that leverage proprietary technology to improve retail experiences.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities, as well as build and commercialize strategies to improve approaches to the Brands' retail business.
• Lead multi-channel shopper-focused initiatives that address unmet current and future state needs and support the extended digital value proposition.
• Build expertise on the global retail marketing strategy to generate new/unique approaches to customer-facing experiences.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8+ years of experience in Retail, Marketing, Strategy
• Experience in Customer Development (including Customer Business Manager, Category Management, Customer Planning) and National Retailers
• Experience in Digital Retail Marketing and Operations
• Strong business and analytical acumen
• Experience and demonstrated success in one or both of the following; 1) Leading a digital retailer into a successful brick and mortar strategy. 2) Leading a brick and mortar retailer into a successful digital strategy
• Leadership experience developing business plans, building executive relationships and liaising with cross-functional stakeholders
• Personal Care/Beauty experience is a huge plus
• Team Leadership: You should also have significant experience leading a cross-functional team and collaborating with Brand and External partners.
• Project Management: ability to lead projects with multiple stakeholders, complex inputs, and time sensitive deadlines
• Thinker: You should be a lateral thinker adept at uncovering the themes and critical pieces of information that can spark game-changing innovations.
• Doer: You should be fascinated with shaping the future, able to move seamlessly from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical
• Challenger: You should be a challenger of the status quo- to create genuinely "great" innovation and marketing
• Problem solver: strong ability to turn complex situations in simple ones
• Creativity: Strong intellectual curiosity, ability to "think out of the box
• Thought Leadership & Communication skills: Strong written/verbal skills with management, marketing team, x-functional, agencies, etc.
• Team Player: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
• Flexibility: Ability to thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with constant change and learning on the fly
• Time management: Effectively manage workload by prioritizing and managing multiple assignments.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top