Territory Development Manager - Metro New York
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever Food Solutions helps chefs all over the world serve tasty, wholesome meals that keep their guests coming back for more. We've been in food since the 1880's and are home to some of the world's favorite brands: Knorr, Hellmann's, Lipton, Pure Leaf and more! We work closely with businesses of all sizes, from independent restaurants to hotels, chains and contract caterers in 74 countries. We always care about putting healthy and nutritious food on the table, but we also care about our impact on the earth. Using ingredients and packaging that are sustainably sourced, generate less waste and consume less energy is all part of our environmentally responsible way of doing business. Are you results focused? Do you have passion for food? Do you want to have an entrepreneurial experience while being a part of $55+ Billion Global Organization? Are you comfortable with stretching targets and learning new ideas, concepts, and strategies? If yes, then this is a perfect opportunity for YOU!
Our field sales team is the face-to face contact with our customers, delivering innovations, incentives and solutions. The Territory Development Manager's purpose is to deliver against set targets and grow profitable sales in their market on Unilever Food Solutions products, including all Hellmann's, Lipton, Pure Leaf and Knorr products.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
The Territory Development Manager (TDM) is responsible for penetrating small regional chain restaurant and independent restaurant operators in the market by proactively targeting new operator targets, while also growing with existing customers by developing and executing operator account business plans.
The TDM is also responsible for penetrating new distributors, while also managing existing distributor customers in the market by developing and executing distributor account business plans and regular business reviews.
The TDM will have an active market presence, spending a minimum of 4 days per week making operator and distributor calls.
• You're a dot connector: You are very resourceful when it comes to solving customers' challenges, overcoming objections and building stronger customer relationships.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You have a strong competitive drive and are energized by competition; You will develop strategic relationships to grow the food solutions business within your territory.
• You're a story teller: You are a dynamic and strong public speaker; You will tell the food solutions story to drive growth with restaurants and restaurant operators.
• You're a changemaker: You thrive and embrace change, and are often looking for better ways to execute.
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- 4-year college degree or 2 years + Culinary Degree, preferred
- 4 years' experience in foodservice sales
- Proven track record of developing strategic relationships with decision makers for both operator and distributor customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word required.
- Proficiency and drive to become a proficient user of our systems (Blacksmith/Forge, Salesforce.com, Power BI)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for driving results with a strong interest in the food industry.
- Strong Business Acumen.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top