Territory Development Manager - Des Moines, IA
- Flexible / Remote
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever Food Solutions helps chefs all over the world serve tasty, wholesome meals that keep their guests coming back for more. We've been in food since the 1880's and are home to some of the world's favorite brands: Knorr, Hellmann's, Lipton and more! We work closely with businesses of all sizes, from independent restaurants to hotels, chains and contract caterers in 74 countries.
We always care about putting healthy and nutritious food on the table, but we also care about our impact on the earth. Using ingredients and packaging that are sustainably sourced, generate less waste and consume less energy is all part of our environmentally responsible way of doing business.
Are you results focused? Do you have passion for food? Do you want to have an entrepreneurial experience while being a part of $55+ Billion Global Organization? Are you comfortable with stretching targets and learning new ideas, concepts, and strategies?
If yes, then this is a perfect opportunity for YOU!
Our field sales team is the face-to face contact with our customers, delivering innovations, incentives and solutions.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
The Territory Development Manager is responsible for delivering against set targets and growing profitable sales in their market on all Unilever Food Solutions products (Hellmann's, Lipton, Knorr, etc.) by:
- Strategically targeting and executing new business strategy
- Developing Regional Restaurant Chains (4-14 units)
- Cultivating relationships with operators to better promote Unilever Food Solution's products
- Partnering with restaurant executives and chefs to develop and grow their business
- Expand our reach and grip targets
You're a dot connector:Youare very resourceful when it comes to solving customers'challenges, overcoming objections and building stronger customer relationships.
You love to win, and have fun doing it:You have a strong competitive drive and are energized by competition;You will develop strategic relationships to grow the food solutions business within your territory.
You're a story teller:You are a dynamic and strong public speaker; You will tell the food solutions story to drive growth with restaurants and restaurant operators.
You're a changemaker:You thrive and embrace change and are often looking for better ways to execute.
- Develop and execute the respective Regional Chain and Key Operator account business plans as they relate to our current volume goals, strategies, focus categories and budgetary constraints
- Maintain active market presence: a minimum of 3 days per week of Field Operator calls and presentations and 1-2 days per week of distributor activities/events
- Organize and present detailed business reviews with all key foodservice trade accounts
- Present and execute new products to develop new slots in distribution and create pull within regional small independent operators and chains
- Build relationships with all levels of decision makers within a customer to help identify issues/needs and formulate solutions to elevate these relationships
- Coordinate and leverage resources for assistance in customer marketing presentations, chef demonstrations, food shows, magazine articles, etc
- Prepare and regularly update Sales Force account plans/opportunities/activities for all customers
- Administer and manage customer contracts
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- 4-year college degree or 2 years + Culinary Degree, preferred
- 4 years' experience in foodservice sales
- Proven track record of developing strategic relationships with decision makers for both operator and distributor customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word required.
- Proficiency and drive to become a proficient user of our systems (Blacksmith/Forge, Salesforce.com, Power BI)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for driving results with a strong interest in the food industry.
- Strong Business Acumen.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unilever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top