Territory Development Manager
- Northbrook, IL
Title: Territory Development Manager
Location: Greater Chicago Area
Unilever Food Solutions (UFS) is the €2.5bn+ foodservice division of Unilever. It leads the dynamic Food Service market across its categories and has ambitious growth objectives, marketing a range of professional food and beverage products and services to operators across 22 Multi Country Organizations (MCOs) in 72 countries.
UFS is accelerating its digital transformation to fuel growth through data driven and technology enabled Go-to-Market ( GtM ) capabilities. Our ambition is to reach to 2.5 million operators by 2022 via an online & off-line contact strategy. The focus of UFS marketing and sales is to engage with chefs & customers through an integrated communication system via visits by sales representatives and digital touchpoints like the UFS.com website / webshop , segmented & personalized campaigns and UFS apps. The new roles of marketing teams are more integrated in the digital ecosystem and are vital for a great operator & customer experience.
Main purpose of the job:
As a Territory Development Manager , you will be responsible to drive sustainable business growth via Operator s, Chains and Trade Partner engagement as per defined MCO contact strategy. You will be part of a multi-touchpoint integrated digital ecosystem to drive Reach & Penetration via automated & segmented data driven planning & execution. You will be
- Accountable for delivering business targets. i.e. Turn Over, Reach & Penetration , Digital Engagement, Fully Profiled Operators (FPO) etc with both Operators and Distributor Trade Partners
- Responsible to execute M ulti touchpoint contactstrategyonline and face to face for generating demand for Food Solutions Products & deliver great customer experience
- Provide virtual culinary consultation to targeted operators
- It is an exciting role and a great development opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual. It's a role where the right individual can really make a difference
Demand Creation: Operators and Local Chain Accounts
- Engage with Local Chain Account and Operator Customers , and be a ccountable for delivering business target s for the assigned Territory i.e. Turnover, Reach & Penetration & digital, FPO (Fully Profiled Operators), Digital Engagement, Demos, Sampling etc.
- Implement full Key Account Management approach. Execute CBP, Win & Retain funnel, Contact Matrix and e xecute Multi touchpoint contactstrategyon and off-line. i.e. 2 0% Online Calls & 8 0% F2F Calls
- Business Insights to ActivationSolution Selling
- Trends to Concept Solution Selling
- Gain insight and lead customer to the right solution with Pre-planned RAP & data recommendation via CRM Salesforce system & Marketo leads & handle potential objections
- Conduct F2F and Virtual Sampling, Ideation, Cooking Demo using culinary knowledge to secure new opportunities or increase volume usage by new menu applications or into existing dishes. Use relevant selling stories to help deliver the revenue savings and or efficiency improvements from UFS solutions
- In call follow up based on previous calls ie pantry checks, sampling follow up and RAP insights.
- Direct Transfer Orders to e-Com or Online Platforms (Trade Webshop , UFS Webshop )
- Provide F2F and Virtual Culinary Consultation to targeted operators and Chains customer along with Chef teams
- Build & Nurture relationships with key Trade Partners and local Distributor Sales Rep's (DSRs)
- Implement Contact Matrix for Key Trade customers with a Squad approach (where possible) for more effective customer management
- Develop and execute Joint Business Planning (JBPs) with Selected Trade partners including Trade Term agreement, Sell out activities and DSRs & Trade team engagement & KPIs (Sell-out, Reach, Penetration , eCom , Digital Reach etc).
- Engage trade customers to gain alignmentfor Secondary Sales Data (SSD) partnershipswith proof ofvalue addition i.e. Traffic generation towards Trade Webshop via UFS campaigns.
- Close collaboration with Food Solutions Trade & eCom team & Implementation of Promotions by ensuring adequate stock availability and customer related activity to drive Sell-out
- Ensure timely submission & settlement of DT claims
- Responsible for 100% engagement on automated warm leads & targeted leads driven via CRM (Sales force automation tool.)
- Drive conversion of leads in territory
- Accountable for penetration strike rate target achievement based on automated Accounts & SKU prioritization.
- Drive digital buying behavior via ecommerce platforms ( Webshop /trade Partner Webshop /pure players)
- Drive Social Media Engagement & attendance of UFS Webinars CRM Tool
- Data Enrichment - continuously enrich all operator data to ensure personalized content
- Implement Omni channel (On and Offline) contact strategy for your territory
- Strategic Selling skills
- Impactful F2F and Virtual Customer Engagement
- Full understanding of all Customers & UFS solutions
- Business Insights to ActivationSolution Selling
- Sound understanding of all Offline & Online Touchpoints
- Familiarity of UFS CD Cycle
- Customer Business Planning
- Business Acumen
- Commercial Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Digital & IT skills Incl. eCom , Salesforce , Marketo
- Data & Analytical Skills - Ability to use data driven insights for execution
- Team player. Ability to work cross-functionally in order to deliver on customer needs
- Agility - Ability to adapt & Drive the change and flexibility to pivot self & others towards business requirements
- Strong Communication Skills. Ability to use all company digital tools for external & internal communications
- Knowing the Business: The ability to demonstrate awareness of the food industry, its markets
- 2-3 years of working experience in the Foodservice Industry
- Proven track record in sales, preferably in the Foodservice Industry
- Digital & Social media
- Passion for Food and the OOH industry
- P referable experience within the Culinary industry
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans/ Persons with Disabilities
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top