Technology Expert - Operations
- Raeford, NC
Unilever is looking for a Technology Expert at its Raeford NC facility. The position will support operations across both PCL and DEO departments to achieve the stated OPE targets. Lead projects and initiatives to improve the performance and reliability of equipment and processes. Be a key player in initiatives to deliver continuous improvements in safety, quality, productivity, waste and cost.
Job Requirements :
Demonstrated knowledge in the following areas:
- Electrically-Qualified: NFPA 70E arc-flash certification, demonstrated knowledge and qualifications working with up to 480 Volt 3-Phase electrical equipment.
- Allen-Bradley PLC troubleshooting skills (ControlLogix, RSLogix, Ethernet, etc.). Ability to interpret a single-line drawing and PLC ladder logic to find the necessary inputs and outputs. Knowledge of Rockwell Automation programming equipment including drives, I/O modules, PanelView, VMWare, and more.
- Advanced understanding of mechanical power transmission: gear-ratio reduction, functions of clutches and brakes, shaft alignment, etc.
- Proven, demonstrated knowledge of packaging machinery operations and troubleshooting, including automated bottle and canister fillers, labelers, and case packaging equipment.
- Pneumatics: Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose and repair air leaks, replace solenoids and pneumatic valves, and a strong knowledge of actuators, pneumatic valves, and cylinders. Ability to interpret a P&ID.
- Ability to complete planned and unplanned maintenance activities as necessary to sustain business operations.
The ideal candidate would also have a working knowledge of:
- Fabrication and Welding: Certification in welding, milling, lathes, and grinders. Stainless steel and pipe welding are highly desired.
- Advanced Reliability Tools: Working knowledge of thermography, ultrasonic leak detection, mechanical shaft alignment, air quality certification, high-speed camera, etc.
- Forklift/Powered-Industrial Vehicle license
- WCM tools and documentation including 5s, quick kaizens, planned maintenance, etc.
- Business understanding to include cost-benefit analysis, waste streams, and loss tree reporting.
- Participate and actively drive ideas for safety and reliability improvements in the Raeford facility
- Partner with key partners (planning team, business leaders, and area leaders) and to ensure timely and quality work completion
- Team training and certification, including LUTI methodology to share OEM trainings
- Assist in critical maintenance repairs to support the operational efficiency of the Raeford facility
- Organize needed parts and staffing for critical maintenance projects. As some projects can only be performed while the building is shut down, weekend work and occasional Holiday work is required; candidate must have schedule flexibility
- Assist in performing and documenting maintenance PM and TBM initiatives.
- Assist teammates on PM's as needed and offer guidance, troubleshooting and training.
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent; higher degree in related area is desirable
- Formal technical training certification/degree are strongly preferred (i.e. Associate's Degree in Industrial Maintenance).
- Five or more years of experience in an industrial maintenance operation with a proven record of process improvement.
- Strong knowledge and/or ability to learn assigned critical technology to be/become an expert.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top