Team Lead Wakefern
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Team Leader will be responsible for the development and execution of the annual plans at this important customer. The Team lead will be responsible for working with the East Sector Business development group to ensure the plans are resourced and the spending, and volume, are delivered according to those agreements.
Finally, the Team Leader will be responsible for the operational aspects of this team- indirect spends, deduction management, and supply chain compliance.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
This position will lead a Team comprised of Wakefern's divisions- ShopRite, PriceRite and the Fresh Grocer. The Wakefern Team Leader will manage a large team (currently 5 direct reports and 1 indirect in Category Management.
This leader will also cross-functionally manage shopper insights, category management, shopper marketing, ecommerce and supply chain. The position will require excellent customer skills as the Team leader will own the relationships at the Director and VP level of the customers.
Manage Net Sales Value and Trade Spend for all brands within this customer.
- Build multi-year, strategic joint business plan with the customer
- Manage a large team, delivering the individual and collective success required of the team. Identify trade spend efficiencies, opportunities and risks.
- Review plans with individual CBM's to insure integrity and risks are reflected
- Raise up all opportunities for growth through the proper channels
- Develop customer and category specific Trade Plans that achieve growth targets
- Recommend alternative business strategies to help drive NSV & identify efficiencies.
- Deliver operational objectives- cash flow, deduction levels, and indirects
- Coordinate promotional and new item activities with East Sector and headquarters
- Communicate all customer and market and issues, activities, opportunities,
- and risks.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 -10 years of related Sales, Category Management, and Trade Marketing experience. Wakefern experience a plus.
- Strong planning, communication and analytical skills
- Experience in Customer planning and creation
- Financial understanding (P&L's, etc.
- Skilled in verbal & written communications to work with our Customer Business Manager's, Trade Marketing Manager's, and Headquarters personnel
- Multi task problem solving and project management with numerous support groups. Delivery of growth initiatives.
- Abilities to present and sell ideas and techniques to all Unilever personnel that are potentially new ways of achieving profitable sales growth and NIP targets
- Willing to act within the Team and East Sector groups in all circumstances. Must establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and peers.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
[Internal Only By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top