Supply Chain Co-op - January-June 2017
ABOUT UNILEVER UNITED STATES, INC.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Refreshments, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs approximately 8,000 people in the United States – generating approximately $8.5 billion in sales in 2014.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) aims to double the size of Unilever’s business, while reducing its overall environmental footprint and increasing positive social impact. The USLP is a strategic response to the challenges businesses face operating in an uncertain and volatile world. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/.
Unilever ranked number one in its sector on the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
The entire Unilever global factory network, as well as its U.S. non-manufacturing facilities, have achieved zero non-hazardous waste to landfill status.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Facebook visit: https://www.facebook.com/UnileverCareersUS
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Twitter follow: @unileverusa
To learn more about taking small actions that can make a big difference visit: https://www.brightfuture.us
Supply Chain at Unilever:
Come work for a global supply chain leader in the consumer goods industry! Charged with creating sustainable competitive advantage for the business, Unilever’s Supply Chain delivers more than one billion units of product to customers and consumers every week. In 2011, Garner, Inc. ranked Unilever’s Supply Chain number 15 out of the top 25 best supply chains in the US. In addition, Unilever ranked first in the global online sustainability survey and awarded Ethical Corporation’s top Responsible Business Award. "Unilever’s efforts will shape not just the business but whole industries for years to come." Following Unilever’s number one ranking in think-tank SustainAbility’s survey of 559 global sustainability experts in April 2011, Ethical Corporation has awarded the company the Responsible Business Award in the ‘High Performance’ category at its annual awards.
Supply Chain Co-Op Overview:
Unilever is seeking to recruit supply chain managers of the future. Developing into a managerial role starts with a six month co-op. During your experience, you will receive a work assignment that is project based and will have lasting impact on our business. Co-ops can also expect to receive exposure to multiple aspects of our supply chain operations.
Unilever is looking for students to work in two environments:
- Manufacturing sites provide experience for students interested in engineering, distribution, quality assurance, and environmental sustainability
- Corporate office locations provide experience for students interested in logistics, distribution, customer service, planning, quality assurance, or supply management
successful completion of your six month co-op, you will have the following opportunities:
- If you have more than two semesters left at school, you may be asked to return for another six month co-op or summer internship.
- If you are graduating within the next two semesters, you may be given the opportunity to work for Unilever as a full-time employee upon graduation.
- Candidates should be pursuing a BS in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial), Logistics, Operations, or Supply Chain Management.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated record of academic excellence with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Highly motivated, with strong communication abilities, demonstrated leadership through experiences, and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to take one semester off in order to work full time during the six months.
- Willingness to relocate and ability to work in a factory/plant location
- Interest in participating in multifunctional assignments with different teams such as Engineering, Operations, Logistics, Procurement or Planning
POSSIBLE WORK LOCATIONS:
Covington, TN; Englewood Cliffs, NJ; Hammond, IN; Henderson, NV; Independence, MO; Jefferson City, MO; Jonesboro, AR, Rogers, AR; Kilbourn, IL; Minneapolis, MN; New Century, KS; Raeford, NC; Sikeston, MO; St.Albans, VT, Suffolk, VA; Sunnyvale, CA; Trumbull, CT; or Waterbury, VT
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
If you are an individual with a disability and at any time feel you need an accommodation in order to complete any step of this process, please contact us at [email protected] or (201) 894-7530.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Back to top