Sr. Executive - R2R
No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine.
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- Ensuring the integrity of the global operating model & tools;
- Subject matter expertise for specific accounting processes and country issues;
- Timely & accurate performance of accounting operations;
- Continuous improvements through metric and process efficiencies;
- Excellent service delivery;
- Maintain high standards in customer service;
- Work as an integrated team with the service provider staff;
- Relationship management with key stakeholders.
JOB SUMMARY (JOB DESCRIPTION)
- Demonstrated capability to perform in a highly motivated team and to take responsibility for the end-to-end financial accounting process for the countries serviced and to provide subject matter expertise for one or more country specific skills related to language or accounting knowledge;
- Provide subject matter expertise for specific sub-process within the harmonized operating model and support further harmonization of these processes with the countries and the service provider;
- Ensure accounting rules are properly applied for both management and financial accounts in compliance with corporate standards;
- Handle complex accounting queries and effectively resolve by applying IFRS and Unilever accounting policies;
- Adhere to the various reporting deadlines and ensuring it is in line with the Unilever globally prescribed methodology and quality;
- Implement and ensure standardization and best practice from other jurisdictions to maximize efficiency and load balance;
- Consistently work to identify opportunities and implement continuous improvement to achieve harmonization and standardization;
- Co-operate with dedicated country or regional Treasury, Pension, Tax and Legal departments for the implementation of initiatives and changes in their respective fields. This may include finance business partners and statutory reporting teams in the countries;
- Act as an internal consultant to satisfy stakeholder expectations. Knowledge of a second jurisdiction is beneficial.
- Identify key issues and deliver efficient responses through implementation of the right procedures;
- Maintain formal relationship with shared services provider, business units and corporate teams;
Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment;
- Track record of excellent service delivery;
Other Key Accountabilities:
- To accurately perform accounting operations in order to meet a customer request following the appropriate work instructions;
- To adhere to the departmental service levels and the factors that affect service, providing a high standard customer service;
- Apply the work instructions accurately to comply with the financial systems and rules;
- Active involvement in team meetings – suggest ways of improving efficiency and the service provided;
- Through engagement with the role and the wider team, seek to improve service levels, quality, KPIs and targets.
Understand the accounting policy and procedures required;
- Assist team leader in developing procedures and work instructions to meet the required standards.
Take personal responsibility to undertake training in personal development and seek to understand communication of changes impacting the role. Carry out additional duties as shall from time to time be required;
- Understand and demonstrate the values and culture of the department;
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures. Deal with issues in an appropriate and timely manner;
- The role may require some working of non-standard hours as workload dictates.
KEY REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS)
- University graduate in accounting or finance.
- Qualified or Semi Qualified Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices and IFRS.
- Good understanding of R2R processes.
- Work experience of 4 to 5 years if a semi qualified chartered / cost accountant or 2 to 3 years if qualified chartered / cost accountant.
- Experience in a similar role in a shared services center.
- Knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma principles is beneficial.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top