Sr. eCommerce Strategy Manager
Unilever is looking for a seasoned, entrepreneurial leader to build and operate its new eCommerce businesses.
Unilever is home to iconic brands such as Dove, AXE, Ben & Jerry's, and Lipton, and on any given day, over 2 billion people around the world use our products. Accelerating eCommerce enables us to get closer to our consumers and rapidly scale our brands. And with digitally born brands such as Dollar Shave Club, Dermalogica, and Blue Air recently joining the family, Unilever is focused on building direct relationships with consumers and new business models to serve them.
Overview: You will be responsible for leading eCommerce category management and business operations across multiple consumer goods brands. You will own and operate the P&L while being supported by cross-functional partners across marketing, supply chain, business intelligence, and technology. You will also partner with senior brand leaders to align on business objectives and test & learns, and share your learnings from eCommerce back into Unilever's core retail business.
This role also has strategic opportunities for you as an innovator and a builder of Unilever's future brands and businesses. You will partner with category innovation teams to co-develop and launch new eCommerce-focused brands, platforms, and services. Here again, you will be supported by Unilever's extended brand, insights, and global eCommerce community.
This role requires true general manager mentality: you will need to be comfortable crafting business strategy at 10,000 feet, but also be effective at digging in and leading the team in execution. If the thought of thriving in a well-resourced, consumer-focused startup environment excites you, read on.
What you'll do:
- Be an operator: Build a rigorous category management process and leverage analytics to grow your P&L, while optimizing for topline, bottom-line, and customer experience
- Think big: Whether operating the existing business or dreaming up a new one, don't be afraid to challenge the status quo or adopt a better, bolder way of doing things
- Be a cross-functional problem-solver: Partner closely with insights, innovation, marketing, business operations, and technology teams to solve multi-disciplinary problems
- Be a teacher: Recognize any gaps in education that may prevent team success, and enable others to gain from your knowledge. Drive toward business success but also coach and develop your team for long term success.
- Be a business builder: Develop complete business cases including financial models and business requirements, and work with key partners to bring your concepts to market
- Be a thought leader: Use your persuasive verbal and written communication skills to influence senior leadership to invest in the right eCommerce business ideas
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment: Assess every situation holistically and make thoughtful tradeoffs. Use your instincts, but seek the right input to refine your own judgment.
- Be the voice of the customer: Understand the needs of shoppers and be their champion throughout
- 8 years' industry experience (consumer goods or eCommerce)
- 3 years' background in retail buying/vendor management, P&L ownership, category management, or general management specifically within eCommerce
- Bachelor's degree
- Product Management, Brand Management, or product ownership experience in an eCommerce, Consumer Goods, or Retail environment
- Experience developing business cases, business requirements documents, or PR & FAQ
- Experience managing, coaching, and developing others
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top