- Hammond, IN
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to manage the end to end delivery of the capital projects with a focus on the packaging area of our business but involvement in the process area would also be within the position's scope. Responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of projects including scope, cost and timeline definitions and management, communications and stakeholders' management, procurement plans, quality, resources, construction safety and risk management, and overall project integration, always following the EEM methodology and good practices of project management. The position reports to the Site Engineering Manager.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You have great technical expertise to design affordable & technically viable solutions to different business problems to be tackled via engineering (packaging or process), and you make use of contractors when necessary, to provide additional expertise to design and detail the technical solutions. You really look at engineering from the lenses of avoiding capital rather than spending capital, working very closely with the factory team to improve operational costs and operational efficiency.
You're a dot connector: You work closely with the site team to deliver the business needs through capital project execution.
You're a change maker: You flawlessly executes projects. You drive capital efficiency by constantly looking at ways to improve costs to implement projects and looking at alternative technical solutions, besides working together with the site to sweat the assets, finding ways to extend the operating life of equipment, improving efficiencies, lowering environmental footprint and lowering operating costs.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: You have technical expertise in total systems approach (process or packaging) in all work efforts to deliver on time in full end to end capital projects, adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as a value. You are detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- B.S. or B.E. degree in Engineering or equivalent education with demonstrated working experience (ME preferred)
- 3 - 5 years' experience in related Project Engineering in FMCG/ related industry or gained in an engineering consultancy/ company environment (amount of experience needed depends on site size/ complexity), with specific experience in process or packaging, depending on the role.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' experience in project management role (amount of experience needed depends on site size/ complexity)
- SOLs: Purpose & Service, Personal Mastery, Agility, Business Acumen, Passion for High Performance
- Skills: Communication, Influence, Project Management/ EEM, Analytical/ Systems Thinking
- Demonstration of coordinating engineering packages with keen knowledge of industry standards and drawing/ document systems such as CAD, MS Project and proficiency in MS Office suite of tools.
- Ability to Multi-task between projects while maintaining cost, scope, and schedules.
- Understanding of Plant Utilities including Air, Steam, and Water Systems including wastewater treatment.
- Engineer Safety into each project while working with maintenance to ensure training and spare parts are planned.
- Knowledge of WCM and EEM methodologies including experience with creating equipment URS (user requirement specifications) and authoring and executing FAT (factory acceptance test) protocols.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top