Background& Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the facilitating the business' safety, health and environmental strategy at the Kilbourn Facility, including ensuring compliance with all relevant Unilever, Federal, State and Local SHE policies and standards, training & development and lending expertise to all SHE related issues within the operations. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the SHE Manager and Site Leadership Team in the Development of new site initiatives around SHE efforts.
Hereis a preview of our Kilbourn facility :
WhoYou Are & What You'll Do
- Provide support for the administration andimplementation of all SHE programs and Policies to ensure the Facility'sadherence to all applicable, federal, state, and local regulations to ensure anaccident/hazard free/healthy work environment.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM)Activities to assure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed.Monitor/track all corrective action measures to ensure they are addressed andcompleted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support to the SHE Manager to ensuresite compliance to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory standards by maintaining andsubmitting safety, accident, environmental and industrial hygiene files andrecords as required.
- Provide support in the process of SHEInspections and/or audits and track/follow-up on all corrective actions.
- Coordinate investigation of incidents andinjuries with Line Managers/supervisors to ensure accurate and timelycompletion. Cooperates in thepreparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Under guidance of the SHE Manager, provideoperational safety performance feedback on a regular basis. Support the SHEPillars, associated sub-teams and provide support to RCAs as needed.
- Support the SHE Unilever framework for site andemployee safety teams. Provide support, instruction and training to LineManagers/Supervisors in regard to SHE framework initiatives.
- Aid in managing the SHE Rewards and RecognitionProgram
- Participate in the development of the annualsite SHE budget and control fixed and variable cost expenditures.
- Driving the Continuous Improvement agenda usingWCM as the operating framework.
- Managing and eliminating SHE operational risksand hazards to ensure an accident/ hazard free/echo friendly cost competitiveoperation
- You're a born leader: Leads the Environmental Pillar to deliver Unilever's Sustainable Living plan for the site. In charge of driving sustainability through increasing operational efficiencies; reducing waste and reducing consumption of natural resources.
- You're a teacher: Technical resource for SHE. Provides guidance to site team particularly Stationary Engineers & Waste Treatment Operators.
- You're a changemaker: Participate in establishing company-wide best practices andstandards for SHE.
- You're a culture & change champion: Launch new programs for site by engaging both hourly and salary team. Drive positive SHE results by focusing on leading indicators and deliver world class SHE culture.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- At least 3 year of experience in Safety,Health and Environmental
- B.S./B.A. in safety and/or environmental science, chemical/industrial/mechanicalengineering and/or other related technical discipline
What We Can Offer You
Culture forGrowth | TopNotch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | EveryVoice Matters | GlobalReach | Lifeat Unilever | Careerswith Purpose | World Class CareerDevelopment Programs | Check Out Our Space | FocusOn Sustainability
Pleasenote: as part of the job application, you will be asked to completepre-screening questions. Completion ofthe pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Pleaseallow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application andpre-screening questions. If thepre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adverselyaffect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have tocomplete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return toit later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity andinclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every dayfor our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. Webelieve a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and driveinclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerMinorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discriminationunder Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employmentdrug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and backgroundinvestigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top