Senior Quality Engineer
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
This position is currently remote due to Covid-19 guidelines. Under return to work instructions, the role can be based in Chicago, northern NJ or CT.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Senior Quality Engineer will build productive relationships with our valued manufacturing and supplier partners to ensure that quality systems robustly deliver superior quality products. The role is responsible for overseeing quality activities to assure ongoing achievement of product specifications, ensuring that appropriate quality audits are performed relative to consumer safety and product quality, and evaluating manufacturing facility environmental risk and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Possess technology and knowledge required to manufacture various beauty and personal care products
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable government regulations and industry requirements, certifications and standards
- Conduct initial and ongoing process, hygiene and quality audits at manufacturing partners and suppliers, publish findings, critical gaps, recommendations & follow up actions
- Ensure Manufacturing Partners/Supplier Compliance with FDA, Health Canada and other applicable regulations
- Ensure specification alignment and quality manual agreement, ongoing use of standards and methods for manufacturing processes, inspection and testing
- Verifies that Manufacturer Partners can meet Unilever Quality standards by conducting technical capability assessments, intensive care and non-conformance monitoring, manage regular review meetings with manufacturing partners. Identify, recommend and implement quality process improvements
- Lead incident or issue investigations and resolution with MPs through identification of root cause(s) and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive actions to avoid recurrence and to drive ongoing improvement
- Partner with the necessary cross-functional teams to resolve complex quality issues and to ensure consistent product quality (R&D, Procurement, Ops, etc)
- Supports core technology equipment design, process changes and specifications to meet local regulatory requirements and product quality needs (including hygiene, etc.)
- Leads or participates in Quality Expert interventions (e.g. quality reviews or audits, workshops, training events, etc.)
- Supports changes linked to innovation, cost savings projects, product sourcing strategy, etc to ensure that these are managed through Quality processes focused to maintain consumer safety and product quality
- Supports MP quality leadership to establish a robust quality culture
- Links with counterparts in other sub-functions to maintain alignment, links to MCO Quality for advisement of quality holds and approval to release to the marketplace
What You Need to Succeed
- 5+ years in quality/manufacturing required, preferably in the consumer goods industry.
- Demonstrated quality management experience working with contract manufacturers and/or suppliers, or externally facing business relationships.
- Strong understanding of quality systems, statistical process control, structured problem solving and continuous improvement concepts and practices. Exceptional analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision-making abilities. Familiarity with consumer packaging materials/systems.
- Passion for working in a values-based company. Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes. Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development. Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of tools.
Frequent travel: varies between 25% and 60% in both office and manufacturing factory environments
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top