Senior Manager of Logistics - North America
Logistics Manager North Americas
On the 2 nd July 2018 Unilever completed the sale of the Spreads Business and it is now under the new ownership of KKR as "Upfield", therefore any successful applicants will be employed by "Upfield Foods" not Unilever. For more details on Upfield, please click here .
Logistics Manager North America
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can't Believe it's not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products - from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Support Head of Supply Chain North America in delivering distribution targets and setting the logistics strategies for.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for all Logistics operations (inbound, primary, secondary and warehousing operations) and Repacking across its geography, ensuring service to factories and customers and delivering year on year cost savings.
- Build and develop a logistics team across Operations Centre and local Market to ensure business continuity after Unilever demerger as well as talent retention, attraction and succession planning.
- Drive Logistics operational costs measured as %TO down regardless of volume through efficiency, network optimizations, innovative ways of doing across the transport and warehousing space.
- Drive service to factories (inbound transport) and customers (Primary and Secondary transport) in coordination with customer service and supply & demand planning.
- Ensure Repacking is done on time in full at the lowest cost.
- Support customer engagements with Country SC and Customer Service management to build FFG value and relationships with the trade including value creation capabilities from Logistics.
- Represent FFG in key supplier negotiations to ensure that we continue to drive for maximum value whilst also identifying opportunities to drive costs out of the total supply chain from supplier through to consumer.
- Manage day to day operational relationships with 3PLs in the countries.
- Bring outside in & inside out via external engagements, including industry forums and functional conferences
- Support the Implementation of local transactional systems upgrades/changes which may be required or relevant (e.g. SAP APO, UTMS etc).
- Share and copy with pride opportunities to standardize and optimize our Logistics solutions across FFG.
- 4 year degree and significant senior Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG, Other relevant industry Retailer or 3PL environment
- 6+ Years minimum in Supply Chain operations with a logistics experience
- Budgeting & Planning
• Science, Engineering or Economics degree, ideally with a Logistics or Supply Chain element
Back to top