Senior Manager, Information & Analytics
Background & Purpose of the Job
For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue its path to become data intelligent. The Information and Analytics team is responsible for building data, data science and analytics as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organization performance. The team will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the market teams to ensure that decisions in Unilever are augmented with insight & recommendations wherever possible.
There are five major themes to the Information and Analytics strategy:
Deliver Intelligent systems at scale. Powering Business (cross functional) and Customer Development area through data and analytics. Building out the right applications to enable business teams to move faster, with more accurate and future looking decisions leveraging Big Data & Data Science
Specifically, this role will focus on working with the cluster to transform the business into a more data-driven organization. This role will lead the business information and advanced analytics agenda at Unilever, working with partners, functions, categories, and geographies to harmonise decision-making and deliver advanced analytics solutions to drive business insight.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Partner with the Country/MCO/Cluster leadership teams on the Analytics, Information Management and Data Management Agendas (this will require strong communication and influencing skills to define and drive the transformation workplans)
This role will play a key part in defining and anchoring the ways of working with the Countries and MCOs. This requires problem solving both on an individual issue basis but also to identify trends and respond with more structural solutions.
Own, jointly with the clients, I&A capability building as well as business value realization targets from all I&A (local or global) initiatives.
Act as the account manager for all ETS I&A services to the client. Manage overall performance for those services delivered, ensuring any escalated issues are quickly resolved and the business impact minimized.
- You're a born leader: Lead the change management plans as part of new I&A strategy or as part of a continuous development towards a data driven culture
- You're a strategy guru: Develop and agree the I&A Roadmap & Value Realization targets for the operating unit at the beginning of the year (input to 3+1 target setting). Keep the same updated on regular basis.
- You're a dot connector: Pro-actively identify emerging data and analytic needs in the markets, bringing new suggestions to help the client drive value from information & analytics
- You're an innovator: Conduct and assess the required tools and skillsets needed to land in the business and with partnership of global teams, implement these change management activities.
- You're a project leader: Identify the '20/10' of new analytics products as they are being defined by global products team and implement the governance framework at cluster level to ensure there is a consistent I&A Roadmap review
- You're a changemaker: Identify and drive simplification opportunities through report reduction and/or Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation tools
- You're a paradox navigator: Work directly with the I&A sponsors & champions in the Countries/MCO/Cluster to understand their business priorities and where analytics can make a difference.
- You're a culture & change champion: Lead frequent reviews with MCO leaders to assess progress against agreed roadmap & targets, conduct service performance reviews and leverage from global I&A Operations teams.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Degree in areas of Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Experience in Client Management, Change Management and Project Management
- Strong track record of delivery working with business leaderships (eg. VPs) to drive application of data & analytics to create business value
- Ability to create I&A roadmaps and connect data & analytics products with business needs
- Working knowledge in analytic skills - including analytic modelling and techniques; data exploitation; data visualization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA environment whilst establishing a governance framework that allows prioritization against a clear business criteria
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top