Senior Finance Analyst (Overheads N.A.)
Background & Purpose of the Job
This position within the North America (NA) FET team is responsible for leading month end close and the forecasting process for a couple of specific departments. Furthermore, the SFA would be involved in Project ZBB and various key improvement projects for the Overheads team. The goal is to streamline current processes. The SFA must ensure the accuracy and compliance of Overheads accounting and reporting.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Overheads Month End Close (MEC) process including submitting monthly Journal Entries OTIF; playing a key supporting role in the forecasting process and challenging assumptions; reviewing reporting and forecast submissions and ensuring OTIF delivery; and monitoring NA Overheads actuals vs. target/forecast incl. risks and opportunities.
Project management for key improvement projects for NA Overheads in the following key areas: Overheads Month End Close and Reporting for US and Canada; risk and performance management for overheads (incl. forecasting); and improve visibility of drivers on key cost elements.
- You're a strategy guru: Strong financial acumen and planning that drives strategy forward.
- You're a story teller: Ability to take a closer, detailed look at the big picture and how the small details make up the big picture.
- You're a teacher: Having the knowledge, confidence, and essential skills to make responsible financial decisions.
- You're a changemaker: Opportunity to add innovative facets to everyday practices that can drive real change and positive results both financial and operational.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or Masters preferred
- Minimum two years' experience in a related role
- Strong organizational and time management skills, serving with a sense of urgency
- Excellent data analysis and trend identifications skills with a focus on problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business management software, SAP preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top