Senior Distributor Development Manager - foodservice
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever Food Solutions is looking for a Senior Distributor Development Manager to grow profitable sales with our largest foodservice distributor across Canada. You will manage the headquarter relationship, develop the national strategy and ensure excellent execution of the joint business plans across all Canadian Regions. We're looking for a natural relationship builder with a passion for results. Does this sound like you?
What You'll Do
- Effectively negotiate annual trade terms agreement with National Distributor and ensure HQ and all Operating Companies are held accountable to executing agreed counterparts through joint business planning scorecards.
- Develop and execute respective National Distributor plans as they relate to our sales goals, strategies, focus categories and innovations to achieve established sales plans for the Canadian division of this account. Provide high level leadership in the execution of the National plans with the National Distributor's sales teams. Empower and motivate a National UFS sales team to execute at the local level leading to aggressive growth.
- Improve overall profitability of the Distributor through gross margin improvement, maximizing use of Distributor's TMI budget, and sharpening trade event execution
- Unilever's global mission to make Sustainable Living commonplace. Sourcing responsibly, reducing environmental impact, enhancing livelihoods.
- Autonomy - so you're empowered to take decisions quickly and independently.
- A team that is just as passionate about driving results as you are
- Agile working - work from home, in the office - it's up to you!
- 5+ years' experience in foodservice is essential, in sales, marketing and/or finance roles
- Post-secondary education completed
- The ability to influence, coach and inspire
- Strong analytical skills to help you in negotiations
- Relationship building skills
- The ability to travel across Canada up to 30% of the time
- A valid drivers license in good standing
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability >
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Back to top