Senior Demand Planning Manager - TIGI Americas
Senior Demand Planning Manager – TIGI Americas
Background & Purpose of the Job:
TIGI Linea Corp., producer of various hair care products for the beauty and salon industry (Bed Head, Catwalk, S Factor, Copyright Colour, etc.) is actively seeking a Senior Demand Planning Manager to join our Global Supply Chain Department. This position will be housed in our Lewisville, TX office and will report to the Head of Global Planning. This is a high-profile role within the TIGI Global Supply Chain. The Incumbent will be responsible for the following: Partnering with the Americas and Asia Pacific zones to create a robust demand plan across the business horizon (0-12 month) for both base and activity planning, playing a key role in the integrated business planning process across multiple channels, advocating good forecasting practices across the company, challenging and documenting the underlying business assumptions, and converting the volume forecast into a value forecast and facilitating the handover of the plan to the Finance Department.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
You're a Strategy Guru:
Demand Planning - Working closely with a cross functional team, especially sales and marketing contacts to develop accurate demand plans.
- Base rate planning including increases and decreases in distribution, cannibalization and delists where applicable.
- Promotional planning for open stock and pre-packs. Working with marketing to establish pre-forecast for the chosen assortment. Collate customer commitments. Accountable for build schedule and customer allocations.
- Innovation planning for local roll out of new products including all launch activities.
- Monitoring forecast versus actual status and reporting results to sales and marketing contacts to meet plan targets.
- Business partner sales and marketing to analysis POS and other demand driver's data for the purpose of informing the base rate and strategic decision making.
- Participate in scheduled sales and marketing meetings to discuss new product placements, promotional activity, threats and opportunities for meeting the plan targets.
- Works closely with supply planning counterparts to ensure proper levels of inventory to achieve the plan while working to minimise overstocks.
- Leads review of European demands monthly and consolidates the Global demand plan before issuing to supply planning.
- Tracking and reporting impacts of demand plan changes to financial plans.
- Working with customer service and the distribution center contacts to ensure orders ship on time and in full.
- Demantra Lead user for North America; troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
You're a Dot Connector:
Integrated Business Planning - Plays a central role in the Integrated business process leading three core aspects including the demand review, demand supply balancing review and the business cash up:
- Leads monthly demand plan review with cross functional business teams to review the latest assumptions, take high level business adjustments before submitting to supply planning and releasing the latest cash up.
- Leads all sub functions of supply chain in the monthly Demand Supply Balancing review. Ensuring appropriate decisions are taken to manage forecast volatility, supply reliability and service risks.
- Provides gap analysis and cash up of the demand plan at channel level; Outlining the underlying business assumptions and areas of focus for senior stakeholders.
- There may be additional involvement in ad hoc project work and process improvement activities as required by the business change program.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field. Master's Degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience within a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Supply Chain, including hands on experience in a demand planning role.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) that can adapt an influencing style and presentation skills (according to forum or audience).
- Detailed knowledge of demand planning processes and protocols.
- Knowledge and awareness of wider supply chain processes.
- Experience working with statistical forecasting software; operational experience of Demantra is a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with SQL or Business Objects is preferred.
- Experience managing a portfolio with high product and channel complexity is desired.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Leadership ability and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability.
- Passion for succeeding.
- Ability to learn on the fly.
- Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and dependability.
- Ability to function independently.
- Strong analytical mind-set and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivating, and ability to work in virtual teams and in cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable and confident working in dynamic environment able to adapt to changing priorities.
- This is a head office role. However, the successful applicant maybe required to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
What We Can Offer You:
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top