Second or Third Class Operating Engineer
Background & Purpose of the Job
Working in the utilities maintenance group the candidate will maintain, repair and monitor all facility equipment such as boilers, air compressors, and ammonia refrigeration equipment systems and components.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Work includes preventative and corrective maintenance on utility components of facility; planning and layout, installation, repairs, contacting and supervision of contractors.
- Preparing scope of work and requesting quotes from contractors.
- Recording of data (temperature, hours of operation, fuel consumption, water levels, etc.), reading dials, gauges and manuals.
- Adjustment of manual controls to start or shut down equipment safely.
- Conducting safety tests and periodically inspecting, repairing, adjusting and lubricating.
- Recording and reporting actions taken and feeding chemicals and caustics into systems and devices. Observing the results of water titration tests.
- Investigation and troubleshooting of existing systems is required including the ability to evaluate problems and recommend solutions to issues as well as recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Providing relief coverage for shift engineers as required.
- Candidate must be able to work with hand tools, power tools and have the physical ability to perform labor intensive duties including lifting up to 50 lbs. safely, and the ability to climb stairs and ladders as part of daily activities. In addition, the successful candidate should be available to join the Operating Engineer team for shift work responsibilities as required by the Chief Operating Engineers.
What You'll Need To Succeed
High School graduate or GED equivalent
Candidate must possess a certification for a 2nd or 3rd class maintenance engineer.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, family status, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top