Scientist/Formulator (Seventh Generation)
A Scientist at Seventh Generation provides technical support for the formulation development of key cleaning product propositions that consistently meet or exceed consumer's expectations while supporting business sustainability and meeting Seventh Generation authenticity and ingredient guidelines. This involves a combination of skill in the laboratory, creative problem solving skills, an understanding of consumer drivers in our product categories, and the passion to bring truly differentiated products to market. The scientist/associate scientist will also support external innovation and be heavily involved in developing global formulations.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Formulate products that meet our performance and authenticity standards and ensure that products are delivered on-time and within budget while meeting all consumer and technical objectives
- Oversee projects independently, working well cross-functionally with Marketing, Supply Chain, other R&D groups and suppliers.
- Collaborate in product qualification including product stability testing, micro-challenge, and performance testing.
- Collaborate on product development with manufacturers.
- Support scale up by generating data that provides a holistic picture of potential formula manufacturing behavior when applicable.
- Support product launch with visit to outside manufacturer partners, market and consumer insight events as requested.
- Participate on needed basis in cross functional teams for new product development and launches.
- Conduct market analyses to identify products' innovative points of differentiation for formulation, claims and/or performance.
- Identify, review and assess pertinent technologies from external and internal sources.
- Stay abreast of technical developments and regulatory updates in the household cleaning and personal care categories by reviewing technical publications, articles and abstracts as well as attending relevant conferences.
- Develop product specifications for new products and create documentation to support all product qualification requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential raw material suppliers.
- Commit to personal development and professional growth by actively participating in personal development initiatives and applying developmental thinking within the context of planning and executing work.
- Perform other tasks as may be required by Research & Development in the fulfillment of its objectives
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline, advanced degrees is an advantage.
- 5 years experience in R&D, Formula Development or Technical Product Management preferably in a consumer products goods company; more preferably in Home Care Development.
- Experience reviewing and assessing new technologies, regulations and patents is desired.
- Project management skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PPT and system like PV.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written skills with intense attention to detail.
- Able to maintain a neat lab notebook, work cleanly and independently in the lab
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Self-motivated with an enhanced ability to work independently.
- Passion and strong alignment with Seventh Generation's Mission, Vision and Values
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team
- Open minded and can do attitude is essential
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top