Sales Team Lead (Walgreens)
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Customer Development (CD) is what we call our Sales organizationat Unilever. Customer Development works closely with our customers to pioneernew products, build categories and deploy best-in-class retail and shoppercapabilities.
The Team Lead for Walgreens leads a team responsible for delivering the approximately $300M Annual Walgreens Joint Business Plan across all Unilever categories including Personal Care, Ice cream and Foods. The Health & Beauty channel is a turbo charged growth channel for Unilever and calls for dynamic leadership!
This position will lead the local Walgreens team consisting of Customer Business Managers and Analysts. Indirectly, the Team Lead roles leads priorities and the integration of efforts from Walgreens dedicated Category Management, Shopper Insight, Shopper Marketing, Retail sales field team and Supply Chain Team members.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the Walgreens customer strategy including all components of the go to market plan including "Big Bets", innovation execution, trade investment ROI and the integration of shopper marketing plans with merchandising plans.
- Responsible for all aspects of operational delivery of the business plan including initiating growth platforms, forecasting & retail inventory level management, supply chain compliance and managing deductions and balancing trade investment.
- Lead both near-term and long-term join business plan; Lead the development of strategic platforms and other growth drivers in order to achieve growth targets.
- Build a regular operational review process to course correct in order to exceed the revenue, profit, and share targets to continuously improve forecast accuracy and return on investment.
- Lead the performance management cycle with the Walgreens team.
Who You Are:
- You believe in #winning…together: You partner directly with Walgreens on both business basics and strategic projects to drive growth.
- You think big: You're able to easily combine industry research and Unilever knowledge to make strategic recommendations for new growth opportunities both short and long term.
- You're a problem solver: Figuring out problems with limited direction doesn't faze you. You have the intuition to elevate analyses far beyond reporting to deliver true impact.
- You're a (proud) data geek: You're able to make sense of large amounts of data and effectively communicate it into insights and growth opportunities.
- You know that excellence is in the details: You lead flawless executions like packaging conversions and pricing actions to ensure our portfolio is getting the basics right.
- You're a teacher: You value the importance of knowledge transfer and can lead and develop a team of high potential direct reports.
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 7 years in Tier 1 Packaged Goods Customer Development experience with at least 2 years of cross functional experience in brand building or trade marketing.
- Proven experience leading teams is a must.
- Strong financial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in Nielsen, POS data, Loyalty data, Perfect Store reporting
- Ability to strategically influence through clear, simple and concise communication skills
- Ability to set priorities amongst complex and conflicting objectives.
- Ability to lead a cultural transformation by creating and selling progressive ways of growing the business.
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development | Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters |Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top