Sales Director, Northeast
Background & Purpose of the Job:
The primarypurpose of the Customer Development (CD) Director (Northeast) is to develop anddeliver Unilever volume and profitability targets for 5 major accounts andregional businesses. This role is responsible for a $1BN portfolio involving allour Unilever categories. CD Directors will lead our 2020 goals and beyond bydemonstrating progressive market approaches through:
- JointBusiness Planning as a primary growth plan
- ShopperInsights as a means to understand new opportunities for growth
- Investmentin trade promotion
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
The CD Director for the Northeast will play a key role in driving the annual sales for the Northeast division responsible for a top line of over $500MM.
- You're a born leader: Develop and deliver the annual sales and profile plan; Develop joint business planning activities with customers.
- You're a strategy guru: Work jointly with Channel & Customer Development and our Brand leaders, working effectively in a matrix (categories/channels) to set and deliver business targets; Develop and fully implement common processes for customers.
- You're a story teller: Apply understanding of retail environment and strategic thinking to the delivery of innovation and promotion execution at store level
- You're a teacher: Develop Unilever CD people and support development of cross functional team members. Manage relationship with broker organization
- You're a paradox navigator: Manage complex sales structure involving multi-layered approach including several tiers of customer interaction; Develop cross functional strategic relationships with key customer leaders.
- You're a culture & change champion: Develop a winning team for current and future performance
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- Bachelors' degree required
- 10 to 15 years' experience as a CD Leader and / or Category Management leader, with preferred experience in diverse market segments and multiple channels; Customer marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience developing marketing plans with the objective of growing a business
- Proven experience thinking "out of the box" to develop target markets and segments using multiple channels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation plans across many areas.
- Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, matrix organization
- Ability to impact and influence different areas of the organization; ability to liaise with regional teams at all levels.
- Proven leadership experience through inspiration and credibility.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch EmployeeHealth & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career DevelopmentPrograms | Check Out Our Space | Focus OnSustainability
Pleasenote: as part of the job application, you may be asked to completepre-screening questions. Completion ofthe pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Pleaseallow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application andpre-screening questions. If thepre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adverselyaffect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have tocomplete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return toit later.
Unileveris an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our businessresults and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, globalconsumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows usto match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/ProtectedVeterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicantsand employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For moreinformation, please see EEO is the Law
Employmentis subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and backgroundinvestigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top