Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Supervisor
Site SHE Manager
The site SHE Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs.
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water & energy consumption
- Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with Manufacturing excellence teams
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Behavioral Based Safety Program (BeSafe) and support deployment in the site
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever PSM Program and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS)
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits
- Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems , participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
- See JSP
- Manufacturing and/or Engineering experience
- Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management
- 5-10 years Mechanical or Chemical Engineering experience
- PSM Experience
- WSIB Experience
- Ergonomic improvement experience
Minimal travel requirements (i.e. up to 20%)
- All functions at the site
- SHE Manager on other sites
- Trade Unions
- Group SHE team
- 3PL Suppliers, Co-Packers
- Government Agencies and regulatory authorities
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans; Life Insurance; Optional Life Insurance including Spousal Life and Child Life; Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Consumer Directed Health Care Spending Account; Defined Contribution Pension Plan; Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan; Tuition Reimbursement; Fitness Subsidy; Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top