Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) Supervisor - Multiple Locations & Shifts
Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) Supervisor
Please note: This is not an actual open position. By submitting your information, you are joining our talent community for future consideration of Unilever openings.
Background & Purpose of the Job
Be a part of the 170K global employees that make Unilever one of the best companies in the world to work for! Forbes has listed Unilever as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," while MSN.com ranks us as one of the "Top 25 Companies to work for in America." One of our 400 brands is used daily by more than 2.5 billion people globally! We are looking for outstanding talent to join our factory teams located at manufacturing sites in the following locations: Arkansas, Canada, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia.
Unilever is looking for Safety, Health and Environmental Supervisors to provide support in our factories. In this role you will oversee the development, implementation, and management of the site's Safety, Health and Environmental systems. You will support the plant operations by educating employees and administering safety, health and environmental systems. You will be the driver of our safety culture in which one accident is one too many!
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Coordinate all activities and required audits to insure full compliance with OSHA, EPA local permit regulations and Unilever framework standards
- Advise and assist the site's management, production leaders and employees on Safety, Health and Environmental related issues
- Manage the workers' compensation program
- Develop and maintain accurate statistics and reports on work related injuries, at risk behaviors, hazards and losses in order to identify trends that require corrective actions
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents and incidents that occur at the site to determine root causes and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Respond to fires, inclement weather and other emergency situations
- Develop and implement procedures that meet or exceed regulatory requirements. Review plans and machine specifications for new machinery or processes to determine if all SHE issues are properly addressed.
- Work with management on creating special events and programs that help stimulate and maintain the Safety and Health interest of employees
- Monitor the on-site waste treatment facility to insure they are operating within permit limits and maintains environmental permits and records
This role report to the Safety Manager and in this role…
- You're a dot connector: You work with all department to drive a safety first culture.
- You're a teacher: You educate employees on the importance of safety.
- You're a paradox navigator: You instill the belief that safety is the most important factor of our daily work.
- You're a culture & change champion: You put safety in the forefront of all activities.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Environmental Engineering
- A minimum of 1 year of related safety, environmental and training experience
- A creative energetic attitude
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
To receive communication about your application, please add [email protected] to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top