Regulatory Affairs Manager
Background and Purpose:
Unilever’s purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. We work to create a better future every day, with brands and services that help people feel good, look good, and get more out of life. Our vision is to double the size of the business, whilst reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact.
A career in Research & Development (R&D) at Unilever is like no other. We use in-depth consumer understanding and expertise in science and technology to create innovative, effective and sustainable products.
We’re searching for a highly skilled and motivated individual for our Regulatory Affairs Manager opportunity who will lead the regulatory strategy, organization and guidance for the Skin Cleansing Category’s innovation program and relevant Strategic Science Group program.
- Provides regulatory input to the category innovation projects
- Delivers strategic regulatory guidance and operational inputs to the Global Development Centers and Discover programs on innovation projects and emerging technologies
- Delivers regulatory strategies and assessments for the countries in which the product is to be marketed.
- Is expert on regulatory developments worldwide which impact the category’s products, and through strong strategic influencing skills, ensures that these developments are incorporated into the category’s innovation program
- Leads the global Skin Cleansing category regulatory affairs network which
- Monitors regulatory activities in markets /challenges in/out
- Prepares global regulatory summaries for specific product areas
- Maintains information sharing system to ensure access and alignment on regulatory topics across the category and in the regulatory affairs capability
- Manages regulatory affairs for the category by:
- Delivering global regulatory updates on legislation affecting the category, giving training as required.
- Deliver global co-ordination of the UL position in the face of new regulations or amendment in regulations in local markets
- Being the global regulatory expert in the category claims co-generation process.
- Providing regulatory input to the management of globally relevant categories issues and opportunities.
- Anticipating regulatory challenges for the future, which may drive the external influencing agenda for the category.
- Executing regulatory risk assessments, participates in stress tests.
- Issue leader of topics related to own expertise and category.
- Providing regulatory input in case of mergers and acquisitions
- Effective communication of Issues management within Category, acts as issue leader in some specific cases, looks to predict new potential issues facing the Category.
- Manages and/or supports Personal Care advocacy topics:
- Delivers the aligned Personal Care advocacy plan with assigned key topics
- RA leader for specific key topics, setting objective, delivery of plans, managing communications cross-functionally, stakeholder management etc.
- Represent Unilever externally for the specific key topics if required.
- Monitors the external and internal environment to identify threats/opportunities and communicates with impact to stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains excellent interfaces with internal and external relevant partners
- Represents RA in other UL functions (SEAC, EA, legal,) on assigned advocacy topic(s)
- Has direct contact/represent UL in external bodies e.g. TAs, scientific bodies, key opinion formers
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably an M.S. or PhD, in Biological Science, Toxicology, Environmental Science or Chemistry or equivalent.
- 7 year of significant experience in Regulatory Affairs understanding requirements that govern the personal care industry, preferably globally, and preferably with experience in the skin cleansing product development area.
- A proven track record in supporting the development, research, and regulatory affairs functions and preferably experience of working in an external environment (such as trade associations, Regulatory Authorities, etc.)
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top