Regional Business Manager, Ice Cream Business Development
Background & Purpose
Are you an enthusiastic sales professional who thrives on developing business relationships with strategic customers and driving profitable volume growth? Do you want to work with iconic brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Popsicle and Breyers, within a collaborative team environment?
Unilever is looking for a Regional Business Manager (RBM) to develop and execute new and innovative strategy for the Ice Cream Out-of-Home (OOH) channel. The primary focus will be placed on small format independent stores, convenience stores, recreation, leisure, travel, business locations and other national accounts in the NYC Metro market, the most important market for Unilever in the US in terms of size, visibility and investments. The NYC Metro market is one of the largest territories for the Ice Cream OOH channel, allowing you to have an immediate impact on the business!
We’re looking for a change leader to not only maximize sales and profit through promotional planning and execution but also to lift the agenda through innovative thought solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the Distributor network to expand the availability and visibility of the full range of Unilever Ice Cream OOH products
- Be a change agent by challenging the status quo and motivate yourself and your team to break down barriers to success and continually improve business processes helping us obtain double digit growth in this market
- Strategically expand and profitably manage the freezer equipment program through the distributor.
- Manage distributor to meet volume performance requirements and, if not being met, develop and propose the corrective plan of action to the Area Sales Director.
- Develop relationships with and sell key regional C-Store accounts and buying groups (e.g. 7-Eleven FOA’s, relationships Central Park Conservancy, MTA, Airports, Museums etc.).
- Work with each distributor to introduce fundamental category management, business reviews, schematic development, POS/promotion planning (elements of the Perfect Store program) and trade budget planning disciplines.
- Build an annual region sales forecast loaded into the Unilever AMPs and updated monthly. Provide a monthly business update to each distributor.
- Develop presentations, correspondence, initiate prompt promotional payments and general administration.
- Work with distributor management, sales people and ride with drivers on an ongoing basis in order to train employees and facilitate proper execution of our sales plans in the marketplace.
- Execute National Account programs on the local/regional level, with assistance from the National Key Account Managers
- 5 years of relevant sales and distribution experience
- Business development and account management experience required
- Consumer Product Goods experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Digital and social media savvy
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top