R&D Packaging Co-op (July-December 2017)
Please add [email protected] to your “not spam” or safe list to ensure you receive important recruitment email communications from Unilever
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Refreshments, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs approximately 8,000 people in the United States – generating approximately $8.5 billion in sales in 2014.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) aims to double the size of Unilever’s business, while reducing its overall environmental footprint and increasing positive social impact. The USLP is a strategic response to the challenges businesses face operating in an uncertain and volatile world. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/.
Unilever ranked number one in its sector on the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
The entire Unilever global factory network, as well as its U.S. non-manufacturing facilities, have achieved zero non-hazardous waste to landfill status.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Facebook visit: https://www.facebook.com/UnileverCareersUS
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Twitter follow: @unileverusa
To learn more about taking small actions that can make a big difference visit: https://www.brightfuture.us
R&D Packaging Engineering Co-Op Overview:
Unilever offers vast and exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and technologies, and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D function. Bring your imagination and technical expertise to help develop superior products in an ever-evolving consumer marketplace.
A packaging engineer is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a cross functional project team:
- Works closely with Brand managers to implement approved projects and meet agreed timelines.
- Remains current and up to date with Packaging Technologies.
- Looks to adapt similar or existing technologies in field to Unilever needs.
- Provides project timelines / tracking reports showing milestones, timing, and estimated completion.
- Establishes and executes technical specifications for Packaging components.
- Has the ability to communicate this information easily to upper management.
- Formulates and presents ideas for Cost Savings and Innovation in Packaging.
- Undergraduate candidate with Junior status.
- Coursework in packaging engineering or other technically related field.
- Ability to execute a project and analyze research data/studies.
- Ability to deliver data to support insights, techniques and technologies for improvements.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines
- Success interaction on cross functional teams
- Willingness to relocate
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
POSSIBLE WORK LOCATIONS:
Englewood Cliffs, NJ; Trumbull, CT; Lisle, IL
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
If you are an individual with a disability and at any time feel you need an accommodation in order to complete any step of this process, please contact us at [email protected] or (201) 894-7530.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Back to top