R&D Nutrition Summer Intern
Unilever U.S. has an opening for the position of Nutrition and Health Intern, Research and Development Department. This position is part of the North America Nutrition and Health Team and is located at our Head Office in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
The ideal candidate will be pursuing a university degree in nutrition science/ applied nutrition (studying to be a registered dietitian, is preferred) having experience in food and health communication. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills, be well organized and the ability to work independently; and possess analytical aptitude and superior communication and computer/ multimedia skills.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Support with General Expertise on Nutrition and Health:
Provides nutrition and health (N&H) general expertise to support North America (NA) Nutrition Team for product development, category projects and products, create communication both for internal and external audiences for key projects, as well as Unilever Nutrition Strategy and Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
Supports the NA Nutrition team through:
- Participating in project teams to bring N&H related innovation/renovation or communication to the market
- Based on regional market insights, provide input into projects at Regional level and if applicable Global level
- Ensure correct implementation of agreed N&H claims in developed brand / marketing communications
- Ensure correct product nutrition data and information to projects and communications
- Support for development of internal and external nutrition communications
- Assess the external environment to monitor and raise N&H topics, trends, issues
- Asses and provide updates on latest N&H science related to projects and the business
- Provide regional N&H insights through regular consultation with the NA nutrition team, to identify opportunities and limitation, risk and issues for the business.
- Contribute to the claims co-generation process, by e.g. providing ideas for claims and demos, based on a general expertise on N&H
- Support development of N&H category specific messages to drive category
- Support development of key N&H messages to drive innovations and renovations
- Support and sometimes lead development and execution of corporate (internal) nutrition education program
- Support development of internal messages to explain the nutritional and health science behind key brands and claims to internal (e.g. Marketing, Customer Development, R&D) and external target audiences.
- Other duties to support nutrition team in developing and shaping internal and external communications and presentations
- Extract, monitoring, record and translate nutritional data of NA products for ongoing reviews and analysis
- Insights of competitor products, N&H claims and ability to identify opportunities and issues
- Assist with recipe evaluations
Critical success Factors for the Job
- General expertise in applied Nutrition & Health
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Well knowledgeable in Excel, PowerPoint and multimedia
- Analytical power
Pursuing a university degree in nutrition science/ applied nutrition. Studying to be a registered dietitian, is preferred.
Merit for a major or minor degree in communications or public health.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top