R&D Formulation Development Summer Internship - Chemistry Majors
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals, we have defined seven pillars, underpinned by targets encompassing social, environmental and economic areas. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan athttp://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/ or http://www.unilever.ca/sustainable-living/.
Unilever offers numerous exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and technologies, and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D function. Bring your imagination and technical expertise to help develop superior products in an ever-evolving consumer marketplace.
Formulation Development Summer Internship Overview:
A formulation development intern is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a project team:
- Assessment of technical feasibility of potential formulations and identification of formulation related issues such as stability, safety considerations.
- Development of prototype products. This work is conducted jointly with process developers
- Working knowledge of functional materials used to formulate skin products and interact with suppliers
- NA Consumer understanding in skin products area, and translating this understanding of consumer needs into product ideas and prototypes.
- Support Technical Activation of both Innovations and Non-Innovation Led Growth through development of creative demos as well as investigating and resolving quality issues
- Undergraduate with Sophomore or Junior status based with Coursework/Major in Chemistry
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to conduct an experimental program to generate relevant, high-quality data with subsequent data analysis and interpretation.
- Able to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work with others, communicate effectively, and contribute to cross functional teams.
- Willingness to relocate
Position Located in Trumbull, CT or Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
If you are an individual with a disability and at any time feel you need an accommodation in order to complete any step of this process, please contact us at [email protected] or (201) 894-7530.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Back to top