Be part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life - giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we'll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire for the role of &D Associate/ Sr. R&D Associate, Glow & Lovely Global R&D based in Mumbai
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
This is an opportunity to work as an R&D Associate/ Sr. R&D Associate, with Glow & Lovely (previously Fair & Lovely), the biggest skin care brand in India based in Mumbai. With this opportunity, as you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we'll work to help you become a better you!
ABOUT Glow & Lovely
Glow & Lovely is a leading skin care brand which serves millions of people around the world by offering safe, effective and affordable products which deliver glowing, even toned and radiant skin. Previously called Fair & Lovely, we changed our brand name to Glow & Lovely to embrace a more inclusive vision of beauty. The new name reflects the progressive changes we have been making to the brand over the years and our ongoing evolution to celebrate the diversity of beauty in India and other countries.
The Glow and Lovely's, Global Product Design team (located at Mumbai) is a highly ambitious team works on the development of high impact brand innovations for our global markets across South Asia, South East Asia, NAMET, Africa, etc. covering 32 countries. We encompass expertise on a large range of products across the benefits platforms like Skin Brightening, Even Tone Management, Healthy Resilient Skin and Moisturization, Face Cleansing, Protection through innovative formats and technologies benchmarked to International brands and compete them in Global market place.
We offer an agile and open-minded environment with strong, proactive, passionate thinkers who are constantly seeking to independently work to deliver innovative technologies for business growth.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work as Design Project Lead, extending the end-to-end experience to incorporate the development and delivery of the product story and claims.
The incumbent would be responsible for Product Design and Development for Global Glow & Lovely R&D in skincare. The incumbent would be working on various global & regional projects. The job needs continuous interaction with Global & regional R&D teams, Marketing teams, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Legal, Regulatory teams as well as external agencies as part of innovation product developments. It is expected that the incumbent, during the course of his/her work, will need to deliver to the following key goals:
- Carry out a holistic end-to-end product design, working in all aspects of product development: formulation design to fit to insight, meet benchmarks, sensory, assess product stability, efficacy, formulation interaction with packaging and scale up for manufacturing.
- Work with the Science and Technology, Category design teams to develop and land innovations and new technologies and formats.
- Understand the consumer habits & needs and translate to develop product solutions as needed by the business project briefs.
- Formulation Development: deliver to new product development briefs by designing experiments, prototyping and lab experiments, and delivering to finished product.
- Independently Scale-up formulations (Planning & Executing) from bench to Pilot Scale & from Pilot to Main Plant manufacturing levels.
- Design of stability testing and monitoring, interfacing with analytical laboratory, execution of basic analytical tests, in line with the global stability protocol
- Write formulation and process specifications and Independently support the Technology Roll-out to the Sourcing Units, by implement processes at Unilever and third party manufacturing facilities.
- Design and execute trial proposals for manufacturing trials.
- Technology rollouts to Global Glow & Lovely Markets, technical transfer dockets preparations.
- Operational interactions with Factories/Suppliers, Global R&D teams, etc.
- Contributes to patents and papers as per the need of the work/research
- Contribute pro-actively in identifying & supporting value improvement opportunities for portfolio of products.
- Support the Team in business savings agenda mainly alternate vendor (or 3P) development process including RM Specification Evaluations.
- Ensuring compliance to Internal Unilever protocols while developing product solutions with respect to commitment to safety, environment, claim support, specification management etc.
- Understand risks and manage & mitigate those as appropriate
- Independently Manage all interfaces (Brand development, Procurement, Supply Chain, Quality) in cooperation with the Technical project Leader.
- Work closely with other functions (marketing, Regional R&D teams) to develop the product and communication claims and claim support, ensuring strong consumer relevance and engagement.
- Unilever Global design team to select formulations from Unilever Toolboxes.
- Work closely with other functions, such as marketing and supply chain, to create, develop and deliver new products and innovations
- Work and communicate effectively with different departments and functions to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks
- Postgraduate with knowledge of chemistry (preferably Pharmaceuticals/chemical engineering) with 3-6 years' experience. Preferably on Skin care/ Personal care product development.
- Well versed with the Product Development Principles - formulation science, material understanding, product testing methodologies, etc.
- Well versed with R & D Processes and Protocols - stability protocols and formulation assessments with basic laboratory tools, analytical tests and instrumentation.
- Tech Savvy - Well versed with handling digital tools and platforms
- Effective communication skills (verbal/ written)
- Dealing with people from multicultural backgrounds
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player,
- Ability to work independently with Cross-functional team members
- Project management skills & Multitasking ability
- Drive, energy to make a real contribution
- Agile, proactive and enthusiastic working style
- Design thinking & Creativity