- Covington, TN
: The mission of the Quality Technician is to support the Plant in the implementation of a solid quality system for the manufacture of Ice Cream products. Support the plant in the identification of quality related issues. Report quality trends to the Organization, while supporting the plant objectives of quality, efficiency, safety, productivity, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Supports all plant trials by working with department production leader and operators to ensure all goals are met.
- Withhold suspect or substandard ingredients or products. Be proactive in the disposition of these items involved in these holds. Assist in determining the root cause of issues causing items to be placed on hold, and the steps taken to prevent re-occurrence.
- Be able to use all Quality systems such as SAP, PLM, Sample 6, and all other systems related to work as required. Other Quality systems could be assigned as needed.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions as determined by Quality Defect trends or other Quality related issues. Will help to gather information for investigation purposes for these sessions as directed by Quality Leader and/or Quality Manager.
- Support all departments to identify and find solutions for quality related issues. Participate in StarPoint meetings as appropriate.
- Audit GMP's, housekeeping, sanitation, and product safety as defined by the plant HACCP and quality systems.
- Manage instrumentation and calibrations of lab equipment.
- Support supplier feedback to ensure that quality standards are met. Works in conjunction with Logistics and Material Planners to ensure good communication from plant to vendor on all quality related issues related to materials.
- Develop SOP's for QA duties. Cooperates with other management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Reviews and trouble shoots technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Provides analytical support and trouble shooting skills to correct non-conformance and consumer issues.
- Completes all product and ingredient testing as outlined by Quality Manager.
- Attends sensory panels and follow up as necessary.
- Performs audits in a safe efficient manner.
- Performs packaging integrity Analysis
- Perform Micro Analysis and all documentation related to trending and MQS (Mgmt Quality System).
- Supports and participates in safety activities to achieve departmental and plant wide goals and objectives.
- Adheres to all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top