The mission of the Quality Assurance Supervisor is to support the implementation and maintenance of solid quality systems for the manufacture of Unilever ice cream products. Support the plant in the identification of quality related issue and lead the development of continuous improvement plans. Analyze and report quality trends to the organization while driving the plant objectives of quality, safety, productivity and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in managing and coordinating the quality system and each of its elements. Provide training and develop documentation to drive quality in the factory. Ensure that all internal and external specifications are being met and all product is food safe.
• Manage sampling plans, rework requirements for quality holds in the plant including raw materials, WIP and Finished Products.
• Support the plant HACCP and quality systems initiatives focusing on continuous improvement.
• Cooperates with other management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
• Reviews technical problems and procedural issue of departments and recommend solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
• Define Statistical Process Control methods for use in setting targets and limits for operational areas. Manage and train plant in statistical methods for the analysis of production operations.
• Provide direction and training for facility compliance to all quality programs, policies, and procedures.
• Analyze and report consumer information to the factory, including top plant controllable consumer complaint analysis by product category, consumer complaint rates per million units sold and all other pertinent consumer information trends.
• Coordinates and assists in the performance of equipment capability studies.
• Participate on WCM QA pillar and 1 other pillar team.
• Interprets, applies and enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
• Supports and participates in safety activities to achieve departmental and plant wide goals and objectives.
• Adheres to all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
• Update site SOP's, Lab SOP's on an annual or need based.
• Manage the Quality technicians with providing guidance or troubleshoot to minimize food safety risk and reduce hold/waste of finished products.
• Manage environmental monitoring program using fast test kits (Sample6), Allergen testing etc.
• Perform Sampling and review calls with Go to Market Corporate Quality team (GtM) to disposition product and reduce hold numbers.
• Participate in 3 rd party audits - FSSC 22000, FDA & TDA GMP and Sanitation Audits, annual Corporate audits etc.
• Perform other projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Microbiology preferred
Minimum of two years' experience in a commercial industry environment.
HACCP certified, Experience with FSSC 22000 or other GFSI auditing systems, BRC, AIB, SQF.
5+ years r elated experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL / COMPUTER SKILLS:
• Ability to apply mathematical operations using algebra, fractions, statistical analysis, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
• Proficient Excel skills required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, regulatory agencies and plant visitors.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Back to top