Background & Purpose of the Job
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and well-being, no company touches so many people's lives in so many ways. For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth's resources can be strained. This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact.
The Hammond factory is a 24/7 high paced dynamic work environment. We achieve goals through collaborative cross functional teams. The site's rich history dates to 1930 and fosters a deep passion for delighting consumers through the Dove Brand. We are committed to developing leaders equipped to handle challenges across the company. We are proud to be the largest bar soap manufacturer in North America and flagship Dove bar soap factory in Unilever.
The purpose of the Front Line Manager is to coordinate and supervise the movement and storage of finished products, packing materials and warehouse employees.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Front Line Manager is responsible for the safety and effectiveness of all operators and operations in the Warehouse.
- Training hourly employees
- Completing performance reviews
- Completing operator evaluations
- Leading the forklift safety program
- Maintenance of all conveyors and palletizer equipment
- Lead daily communication shift turnover meetings
- Warehouse Manag ement System (WMS) site support
- Maintain and process SAP shipping transactions
- Hold operators and contractors accountable for their daily responsibilities
- Lead World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Warehouse activities
- Weekend coverage (as needed)
- Prepare and analyze inventory report
- Identify continuous improvement and cost saving opportunities
- Lead and support change initia tives and operational projects
• You're a born leader: you seek fresh opportunities, insist on innovation and never settling for "good enough." You take pride in delivering best possible outcome while collaborating with the team.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead versus following, you have a positive attitude about the problems and want the best outcome for company and people.
• You're a changemaker: you know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
• You're a paradox navigator: You work through complex scenarios to maintain the highest standards of safety while providing practical solutions and support for implementation.
What You'll Need To Succeed
Your focus, leadership and collaborative nature will be a huge positive contributor to the success in this role. You adapt to change and communicate clearly and effectively across all tiers of organization. You have experience in establishing and maintaining relationships on all levels of the business, while creating a culture of safety, quality and operational excellence.
BA from an accredited University
3+ years of Manufacturing experience
Warehouse/Logistics experience (not required, but a plus)
SAP and WMS system experience (not required, but a plus)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability >
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check, Credit check, and background investigation.
Employment may subject to verification of Motor Vehicle Records check
To receive communication about your application, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.
Back to top