Primary Transportation Coordinator - Deployer
Location: New Jersey- Englewood Cliffs, United States
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? If yes, we are looking for top talent that are passionate foodies that also believe in the power of the plants for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
In 2015 the Spreads division created a new standalone company, the Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) organisation that changed from operating as a Global Brand Led Organisation. It was an enabler to break down silos, to be more marketing facing and consumer connected. It unleashed a new leaner and more agile organisation with an experienced cross-functional leadership team with full accountability for the brands P&L.
So What Next?
On Friday 15 th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business' growth ambition, while continuing to follow Unilever's responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019."
The Logistics Deplorer US is responsible for the operations in the US for all goods movement activities from the New Century factory (and any 3party manufacturers) to the 3 distribution centers across the US, as well as any stock rebalancing transport between the 3 distribution centers. She/he is also responsible for the goods movement to from the repackers. Besides the operational responsibility, she/he is defining & implementing improvement projects on all above areas.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Operation activities (¬60%):
• Processing all transport orders and daily transport planning and optimization of loads
• Daily coordination with factories, warehouses, suppliers, carriers
• Performance monitoring against shipment plans and cost
• Support factories and customer service with special/express shipments and late notice requests/changes
• Spot market shipment carrier scouting and cost negotiation
• Solve and monitor any service issues and inform relevant Unilever teams if necessary
• Solve quality issues and prevent re-occurrence (incl. work with other functions ie R&D, Suppliers...etc)
• Capacity planning short and mid-term (working with the factory and Demand Planning)
Cost and Service monitoring and improvement activities (¬30%):
• Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service
• Support the evaluation and selection of new 3PLs
• Validate and approve 3PL invoices for payment, monitor logistics cost development
• Clarify and reduce carrier claims
System and other activities (¬10%):
• Monitoring the EDI interface with carriers if applicable
Maintaining Logistics master-data
Skills and Experience Required
• University degree
• Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG, or other relevant industry Retailer or 3PL environment
• Science, Engineering or Economics degree, ideally with a Logistics or Supply Chain element
• 2-4 Years minimum experience in Supply Chain operations with a logistics experience
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top