Preweigh Technician - Night Shift
Attention!!! Unilever is hosting a Job Fair on Saturday, August 12, 2017. The Job Fair starts at 8:00am and ends at 11:00am. The factory is located at 2900 W. Truman Blvd, Jefferson City, MO, 65109. With your manufacturing skills you could join our talent powerhouse! Please come to our Job Fair!
Unilever, Jefferson City is looking for highly skilled, energetic, and dedicated team members. Locally we produce Dove, Suave, Vaseline Intensive Care, TresSemme, Nexxus, St. Ives and Axe shampoo/conditioner, lotion and body wash. We represent 75% of the volume for all of these brands sold across North America!
Please Note: Applicants must apply on-line prior to the Job Fair at www.unilever.com/careers.
Preweigh Technician I – Night Shift
Background & Purpose of the Job:
We are actively seeking a Preweigh Technician to support our Compounding Department at our factory located in Jefferson City, MO. The main focus of this position is weighing batches of ingredients to be used in the manufacture of bulk lotion, body wash, shampoo and conditioner. This role will be supporting the night shift; hours are 6:00pm to 6:15am; 3 days on 2 off rotation.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
- Actively support the plant's WCM initiatives by completing all scheduled training and assigned WCM responsibilities as applicable.
- SAP: Navigate and use required screens to release, activate, change status, weigh items and weigh maintenance.
- SAP: Use appropriate transactions to display inventory in PSA, adjust inventory, return items to warehouse correctly, manage FIFO protocols when generating transfer orders manually.
- Transfer raw materials to storage bins.
- Measure or weigh ingredients needed for product batches and places in manufacturing equipment.
- Look at materials being weighed with critical eye and notify appropriate people if possible problem is present.
- Effectively use scales to weigh and recognize faulty scale performance and take appropriate action.
- Convert units and calculate production requirements.
- Effectively use a manipulator to dump ingredients with no waste due to mishandling.
- Monitor manufacturing processes and alter or stop process as necessary.
- Maintain accurate batch records required for various processes.
- May be required to collect, label and transport hazardous waste after training in company procedures.
- Required to operate fork trucks and pallet jacks after certification training (periodic recertification required thereafter).
- Actively participate in housekeeping responsibilities.
- Meet and follow GMP Guidelines.
- Responsible for quality of product produced and satisfactory customer service.
- All other duties as required by management.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Strong math and computer skills to include weights and measurements.
- Must have NCRC (National Career Readiness Certification) or Work Keys Certification, or, register to go take the assessments. For more information regarding the NCRC (Work Keys Assessment), please visit the Missouri Job Center located at 1716 Four Seasons Drive, Suite # 101, Jefferson City, MO, 65101. The main number is (573) 526-8115.
- Forklift certification (a plus).
- Manufacturing experience in batch blending/compounding is preferred.
What We Can Offer You:
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top