PDC Lead Social & Search Analyst
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
- Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
JOB TITLE: PDC Lead Social & Search Analyst (People Data Centre)
JOB LOCATION: Singapore
RELOCATION TERMS: Local Terms only
Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in Radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution is our People Data Centres – delivering powerful game changing insights and facilitating one billion relationships with consumers. We need to blend social data with consumer contact centre data with CRM data with search data with ratings & reviews data and so much more. This will allow incredible insights and precision marketing. You can read more about our ambitions in the latest edition of the Harvard Business Review and you can see for yourself with our acquisition of the Dollar Shave Club that our company is investing hugely in this space. We need people with passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a revolutionary within our business.
About the role
The Social Analyst is responsible for the discovery and creation of insights through the analysis of social listening, social media platform-native analytics and other digital data sources. This role sits in the Consumer Market Insights (CMI) team. As a key part of the delivery team for Unilever’s PDC vision, the Social Analyst will make sense of vast amounts of data in a way that enables Unilever to serve consumers better. The ideal candidate will be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to articulate the value of analytics to marketers and team members alike.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Query building & data extraction from digital data tools (e.g. Brandwatch, Clarabridge, etc.)
- Create insightful dashboards and important alerts for internal customers
- Derive insights by analysing digital data (e.g. trends, themes, etc.) to answer business questions
- Communicate these insights to internal business partners (meetings, report writing, etc.)
- Deliver real-time analysis for brand campaigns / crises / always-on campaigns – Perform analysis on-the-fly & feed into marketing activities during ‘campaign nerve centres’
- Be well-versed with paid/earned Video Analytics across all available platforms
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Perform translations as required
- Identify candidates for new services or ways-of-working improvements and feed this into a global centre of excellence to drive service improvement
- Primary delivery responsibility to both Global Categories & assigned regional (market / cluster) brand teams
- Will deliver multiple project simultaneously; time & resource is managed by PDC Delivery Hub Manager
- Work with other PDC delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are created to a high standard & consistency
Skills and Experience
- Primary Traits (required)
- Passion for analysis and insight discovery
- Experience in corporate storytelling or the communication of complex information in a simplified way
- Experiencing manipulating and analysing large datasets
- Secondary Traits (‘nice to have’)
- Passion for the social & digital world and its implications for business
- Eager to grow within Unilever and move around the business (career path likely to be within wider analytical pool)
- Appetite to learn the ‘art of the possible’ and then capitalise on this in next role
- Self-starter able to ‘muck in’ as required and pick up ways of working quickly
- Likely recent graduate or higher apprentice
- Experience of digital data tools (social listening tools, channel analytics, etc.)
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment consisting of 2 questions.
This is an important part of our application procedure and will take approximately 2 minutes of your time to complete. When filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application.
If you encounter any issues, contact Unilever HR Services at 800-448-1479 / 65 6818-5255.
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Online” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top